lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Flash04jv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1986 Robin Blower Fan

Hi Everyone!

I recently joined the world of golf carts! I bought a used, 1986 EZGO 2 cycle golf cart in red, with a Robin 244cc engine. I love it, great exterior condition and runs pretty great. It runs even better now that I have done the whole drop the Muffler in the fire bit, man did that clean out the cobwebs after I shook the ashed carbon/oil out, and now it shines since I wire brushed it.

This past weekend I backed over a stump in the yard, (new house, it was dark, maybe a couple drinks involved). Which ripped the Blower Fan cowling/shroud off (top 2 bolts still ok) and destroyed the blower fan inside.

Anyone have a blower fan or know where I can get one? I emailed EZGO and they said they don't have that blower for sale anymore, just one for like 94's and up. I ran it on a 10 minute run yesterday and it was really smoking from those heat sinks.

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to chatting with you all! I know I'm asking a lot for my first post, but I assure you I will be on here daily.
Flash04jv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
Flash04jv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 Robin Blower Fan

I should also add that I removed the golf bag holders and basket in the back. Going to build a seat and add hand rails back there once I get this blower replaced. Not enough hours in the day
Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think yours is a 2pg and mine was a 3pg, same engine, different drive configurations. So I dunno if your fan is the same as mine. My fan was the first to go when my cart burnt up. Rarer then hens teeth at the time and this was 2010. Only way I found was to get another engine.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #4
Flash04jv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, it is 2pg. Well that doesn't sound good. Looks like a simple $20-30 part but I can't find it anywhere online yet.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #5
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Flash, post an ad for the blower fan in the "Used Golf Carts and Parts" section here on BGW.

Also welcome to BGW .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Flash04jv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
Flash, post an ad for the blower fan in the "Used Golf Carts and Parts" section here on BGW.

Also welcome to BGW .
Excellent! Thanks for the advice.

Sent using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO