lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 295 ezgo clutch

My clutch is hanging up, does anyone have info as to parts and availability? Also would it be better to replace the clutch with an after market clutch? Thanks everyone for your help.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 ezgo clutch

primary or secondary? engine or rear ?
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry forgot that critical information. It's the drive clutch.(the one on the engine)
Old 01-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

time to pull the clutch , there are no servicable parts so to speak other than spring replacement but this seems to be a common problem that i have seen and tearing it apart and cleaning it up with some emory cloth tends to clear this up , most times its just a matter of corrosion or dirt buildup on the slide
Old 01-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

NBB has a good point = the design of these clutches makes it difficult for gunk , dust, etc to get into them - but on the same note it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get that stuff out without tearing it apart and cleaning it manually (which often does the trick)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info. Do you guys know the size of the bolt necessary to pop off the clutch. Thanks again
Old 01-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Search the forum for clutch bolt removal tool. There is a commercially available one that isn't too expensive or you can fab your own. Use a grease gun and shoot some into the hole then put the puller in and start the threads. A quick hit or two from your impact will pop it right off. The grease serves as a "hydraulic" assist in popping it loose.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #8
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi everyone, I took apart my drive clutch last night like you guy's suggested. I was amazed how much rust was inside the clutch cover. I freed up everything, the only problem is that the spring was broke. I welded it together and it's working fine.
I would like to get a stock replacement clutch spring but can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks again for the information and if any one has any info on where to get the spring I would be very grateful.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #9
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

order a key start kit from cpp site sponsor its the best way to do it while you have it apart why not upgrade , if you do not want key start just use the spring and that will let the motor wind up a little before engagment which is easier on the engine. if you ask he may even just sell you the spring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO