lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
Bobp
Not Yet Wild

Default Does Slope on Raised Cart Affect Carburetor?

I have a 1998 Workhorse 1200 with a Fuji-Robin 350 engine. it is raised 4 inches; which puts the engine at an angle. This is quite common and there are a number of suggestions for obtaining the correct oil level.

The question is whether this also affects the carburetor float? My cart has a rebuilt engine and rebuilt carburetor, and runs good after starting. However whenever pressing the accelerator pedal to start it needs to be held only slightly pressed to create suction in the carburetor.

I'm thinking that this may be due to having the carburetor float bowl at an angle? If so it may be possible to grind the carburetor spacer at an angle and slot the holes to allow the carburetor to be level? Or possibly modified spacers are available?
Bobp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2015, 02:08 AM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does Slope on Raised Cart Affect Carburetor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobp View Post
However whenever pressing the accelerator pedal to start it needs to be held only slightly pressed to create suction in the carburetor.
Not sure what you are getting at with this. Can you clarify?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Bobp
Not Yet Wild

When starting, if the accelerator is pressed much past where the starter first starts turning the engine; it will turn a long time before starting.

By pressing the accelerator only a little past where the starter starts turning, and moving the accelerator slightly in and out it starts fairly well for me. But not everybody has learned this technique.

Also if the cart sits for a week; it has to turn over quite a bit even with the choke on before starting.

Seems that everything is how it should be. Good compression, good spark, fuel pump about 6 months old, use only Efree gas with stabilizer, I rebuilt carb with a kit about 3 years ago.

Not sure what problem could be; that's why I was inquiring effect of slope from 4 in lift affecting carb float.

I did pull pulse line to carb and place finger over it. Very little pulsation could be felt.

In looking at engine parts diagram a re-stricter plate is shown inside the cover where the hose to the air cleaner connects. I wonder if this was left out when the re-builder assembled the engine. Because it is hard to get to this cover I have been investing other causes first.
Bobp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Perform a valve adjustment. Pull the carb and thoroughly clean it. The fuel line to the carb should show a good flow of fuel while the engine is turning over.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:26 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Remove the pulse line from the pump and blow thru it to make sure there's not a restriction.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO