lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Nikwho
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric fuel pump in Yamaha G1?

Hello all,
I have a Yamaha G1 gas cart. It was hard to start for a while. I determined the problem to be low compression. I bought a new piston, rings, gasket kit and seals for the crank. I didn't want to put a cheap Chinese jug on it after hearing stories about them being out of round. So, I'm Gonna yank my cylinder and have it bored and honed to match my new +1mm piston. It has about a 6" lift, 23" tires and Honda 400ex shocks. When running through some whoops a while back, it stopped running and wouldn't start again. I decided at that time that I'd order everything needed to rebuild it.

So, my plan was to get it running before rebuilding it, so I can trust that it will fire up when i get the top end rebuilt. Now, I realized that it is not pumping fuel to the carb. It has a new fuel line from tank to the carb. I ha e not replaced the pulse line yet, but I was curious about running an electric pump. can I run a 3-5psi electric fuel pump from the tank to the carb and forego the pulse style fuel pump? Will this cause flooding issues? I was going to run a relay off of the ignition switch for the pump. was also planning on a kill switch in line to kill the fuel pump for anti-theft purposes. Any reason that I can't run an electric fuel pump?

My plan is to just get this thing going for now and work up to an engine swap down the road. My eventual plan is to find a long travel sport quad and swap over the suspension, swingarm, engine and transmission and have a hydraulic clutch, sequential shifter and 4 wheel disc brakes (well, two front discs and single rear disc as any standard sport quad would have)

I'll have plenty of questions along the way, and will eventually start a build thread. Just trying to rule out whether or not I want to start with a limo/6 seater cart before I get too involved.

Nik
Nikwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Electric fuel pump in Yamaha G1?

electronic fuel pump will fix the problem for a little while if the case is in fact faulty crank seals that being said if the seals are bad and allowing air in it run lean and most likely seize up
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Nikwho
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I am rebuilding the engine. New piston/Rings, gaskets, bearings, seals, etc. My question was in regard to running an electric fuel pump on these engines, all things being in good repair. Was mostly curious if anyone had experience with flooding or other issues. I've never run an electric fuel pump on a two stroke. I don't I tend on using the fuel pump as a repair or bandaid.

Thanks,
Nik
Nikwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I see what your saying if it has factory fuel pump on it I would spend the money on a rebuild kit for pump I did mine and it pumps great again. I personally would avoid an electric one there is no "switched" power on g1s so it would be complicated wiring one in
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha