lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Carver Speed
Not Yet Wild

Default Late 80's Carryall oil in pulse line

I keep filling the fuel pump pulse line with oil, then of course, lousy fuel psi and wont run. Started when I did an oil change and over filled the crankcase. Since then I have drained down the oil to a more moderate level but I keep pumping oil into this line, doesn't take very long, a couple of times around the house and its a dead cart again. Is there a diaphragm on the engine side behind that hose mount that keeps this hose dry? Don't know where else to look now so any assistance would be appreciated.
Jeff
Carver Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Late 80's Carryall oil in pulse line

There's no screen or diaphragm or anything on the inside of the engine behind the nipple. That hose just feeds openly into the crankcase and gets it's vacuum signal from there. I'd take the hose off, clean it out or replace it, and shoot some compressed air into that nipple to completely blow it out. If that doesn't work, your fuel pump may have taken on some oil so you may have to clean it out too.

Here's the nipple on one of my motors, I'm assuming this is where your fuel pump vacuum hose hooks up (since you said you have a late '80s cart):

Here's the view from inside the motor:

This little hole is what's on the other side of that nipple:
Springbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And if you have bad rings can't oil get blown up into there as there is more pressure?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

No, because that vacuum nipple gets it's vacuum signal from the pressure in the crankcase. This has nothing to do with the cylinder head or combustion chamber up above.
Springbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

More common way I've found oil getting into that line is if there is too much slack length in that hose. If it sags down below the height of that nipple it will pool up oil in that hose. Keep it running "uphill" from the nipple to the fuel pump and it will gravity drain any oil back into the motor instead of pushing it further up to the pump.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
Carver Speed
Not Yet Wild

Hi, Op here, thank you all for your input. I agree that a hose thats dependent from the nipple is a bad idea, I will reroute this, aside though, I think I have fixed this, so far it seems ok. The crankcase vent hose had fallen out of the air cleaner base. Guess that oil pressure from blowby was looking for a way out? My fingers are crossed.
Thanks again,
Jeff
Carver Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car