lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #11
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Xct 48400 alltrax programming issues

Cart does not resist my push. Even though I have a high speed motor from EMP the cart would resist? I swear I read new motors dont have the rollaway feature. Interesting though, because the sensor was fine before i installed the alltrax. I tried swapping sensors with my stock hitachi motor but the sensor on the EMP is much deeper. Any ideas where I can find one?
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

an XCT wont work without a speed sensor? never heard that, but i have not tried it either. i'm thinking the problem is throttle setting related, not speed sensor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I think it's the speed sensor since it doesn't resist pushing. You can go into the programming and have it ignore the speed sensor but you want the speed sensor with that controller. Get it working!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

i would consider it good diagnosis to turn off the speed sensor to see if it magically picks up speed to normal (i think it wont). not saying "screw the speed sensor & its benefits", just trying to get the cart past 8 mph.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #15
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I unplugged the sensor and monitored again and got no changes. I think im screwed until i can talk to alltrax. I dont understand why the controller will accept any other throttle input i enter except ydre. Frustrated.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:11 AM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

By Turn off he means go into the Alltrax program and turn off the speed sensor input. I bet you get full speed then. Then go fix your speed sensor.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #17
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So I spoke to alltrax this morning, and they said regardless of how many green blinks the controller gives you, if it's properly set in the toolkit, you are good to go. That being said, they were confident with no speed sensor reading the controller was going into limp mode. They advised me to turn off the speed sensor in the toolkit to remedy the problem. However, i removed the harness and noticed a pin was bent. Straightened it out and the cart took me straight to 25mph. Thanks guys!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it going ..... but I'm still confused as to why the program does not show YDRE throttle selected?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #19
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The toolkit itself shows ydre, but the set throttle code is displayed on the controller by the # of blinks upon startup or when connected to the pc. Manual says 5 blinks is yamaha yet when toolkit says ydre, it blinks 3 times, which is ezgo or something. Either way alltrax said disregard how many blinks you get because what the toolkit tells you is most accurate. Weird.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsoshl View Post
The toolkit itself shows ydre, but the set throttle code is displayed on the controller by the # of blinks upon startup or when connected to the pc. Manual says 5 blinks is yamaha yet when toolkit says ydre, it blinks 3 times, which is ezgo or something. Either way alltrax said disregard how many blinks you get because what the toolkit tells you is most accurate. Weird.
3 green blinks = 0-5v
instead of the 0-1v we think the Yamaha should be
I do remember the CC throttle was originally named incorrectly when the XCT first came out resulting in techs and owners assigning the wrong throttle type.
I think this is something like that. Just a program name or signal assignment glitch
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha