lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
rayford52
Not Yet Wild

Default 79 Yamaha G1 stopped firing

I have had this old cart for some time and really got to relying on it here around town.. a few weeks ago it stopped running so I bought a new coil because the old one looked to be cracked, I installed the new one and it ran fine. last Sunday I drove uptown and all was great until I stopped at a stop sign, when I started to take off it didn't start, it turns over fine but doesn't fire. I towed it home and pulled the plug to check for spark at the plug and there was none, I had another plug so I tried that and still no spark. Some time back I had a problem with it not starting so I redid some of the wires coming out from behind the flywheel and it had been doing fine. but I am at a loss when it comes to this CDI type ignition I have tried checking most of the connections, I checked the coil and it is firing good, the way I did that test was, I grounded the frame of the coil and touched the small wire to the hot post of the battery and grounded the plug to the neg. side and the plug fires very strong so I can only assume the coil is doing it's job. I put a volt meter to the orange wire that goes to the small wire on the coil and I get a slow movement up wards on my meter I don't know if I am testing that right or not, what I would like to know is how to test all the components of the Cdi system to try to track down my problem. Thanks, Vernon
rayford52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
g1peewee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 79 Yamaha G1 stopped firing

My g1 had similar symptoms. When i was checking cdi as instructed in sticky, I would have plenty of juice on orange wire to coil. It shocked me twice! However when i hooked orange wire back to coil nothing. Like u changed coil nothing. I did the cdi swap wala runs like its 1979 all over. I found mine at motor scooter sales/repair shop. Asked them what pins were what, dug a harness from there trash pile stopped at radio shack got the diodes on the street an hour later.
g1peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha