lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #11
ml504
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 G20 Question

Awesome, thank you! Where can I buy this spring?
ml504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #12
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

U-Max spring part # 90508-45849-00

It's available numerous places online.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:29 AM   #13
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml504 View Post
Is it normal for the first few seconds that the engine is louder and it goes faster before getting quieter and a little slower? I wish it would be the same speed as when it first starts up.Matt
Yes it is... due to the governor. The effect can be more or less depending of how it is tuned.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:46 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ha, I always forget. You need to crank up the governor to get you more speed. & less cutoff rpm blues....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

^ Second the Governor ^ ... To adjust it, look at the top of your rear differential, and You'll see a spring with a threaded rod going through it - the nut on the end of that rod is your adjustment, tighter is higher speed before the governor kicks in. The other option is to bypass the whole shebang and hook your throttle cable directly to your carb instead of the current spot on the rear end, but that can allow You to over-rev the engine if You're not careful so probably best to just crank the governor WAY down and have fun!

And FWIW, the Umax spring was standard issue on the multi-person carts, if I remember correctly (just like the EZGO's used the 28deg driven on multi's and Workhorses)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
ml504
Not Yet Wild

Perfect I'm going to try the governor adjustment as well. I had ordered a lift and new wheels/tires when I ordered the starter. Got everything put on and now I'm having second thoughts about selling it as originally planned...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0311.jpg (279.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.jpg (150.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #17
ml504
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
^ Second the Governor ^ ... To adjust it, look at the top of your rear differential, and You'll see a spring with a threaded rod going through it - the nut on the end of that rod is your adjustment, tighter is higher speed before the governor kicks in. The other option is to bypass the whole shebang and hook your throttle cable directly to your carb instead of the current spot on the rear end, but that can allow You to over-rev the engine if You're not careful so probably best to just crank the governor WAY down and have fun!

And FWIW, the Umax spring was standard issue on the multi-person carts, if I remember correctly (just like the EZGO's used the 28deg driven on multi's and Workhorses)
I tightened this nut all the way (about an inch total), however, when starting now it stumbles for a couple seconds before going whereas before it was a strong takeoff and then tapered down. Would the carb need to be adjusted to compensate for this?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:59 PM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

It shouldn't - unless there's a mechanical issue w/ the cable to the governor, governor to carb, etc .... Back it off a bit and see if that helps, sometimes if You get overzealous things bind up, follow?
Old 11-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

(sorry - hit "Enter" too soon, LOL)

It's a fine line w/ older carts - they hang up if You crank 'em too tight without adjusting everything else too. Like I said, give it a shot backing off the "Guv'Nr" (In my best British accent) a bit, see what happens. If not, stay tuned and we'll get You through it :)
Old 11-20-2016, 12:54 AM   #20
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml504 View Post
...on and now I'm having second thoughts about selling it as originally planned...
This long versions are so much comfortable and secure to drive; increase of the wheelbase, more natural for passengers, etc...

Install a windshield amd a box in the back and you are on...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha