lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Looks like new engine time G16a

Ok , After doing some digging around local to find parts without much success for the g16 I may be leaning to a new engine and parting out the old one or find some use parts eventually to repair it . I have been looking at some of the sites some have commented for a new engine . What I am not sure about is when I go to the yamaha site for a part # and do a search the engine will show on some to be a jr6 , jr3 or a jn6-19001-00 . I seem not to find what is the difference between them . Is one a bigger cc that the other . Would like to here comments on which one would be a good fit in my 96 g16 . If one is a bigger cc and would fit for the same money that is a no brainer . Also I would like to here if you would prefer to buy from a certain vendor . Looks like price for what I need is running around 1050.00 for new crate engine .

I am looking for a stock bolt in engine . Here is the other thread I started on my damage if any one is interested . http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...lap-knock.html . I was planning on repairing it but the cost keep creeping up so I have change directions .
workingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Looks like new engine time G16a

JR6 is 357cc (G22), and the JN6 is 301cc (G16). JR6 would be the way to go.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Dave , What is the JR3 . some sites say replaces JR6 . Is is the same engine with the same 357cc just designated to fit a different year . Also will there be any fitment issues putting the JR6 in place of the JN6 . I do not see any my self but just wanted to here if anyone had any problems .
Old 02-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I don't know what the difference is between the JR3 and JR6, but the 357cc fitment isn't going to be a problem.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've personally put the 357cc JR6 in a G16 with no issues at all. It's the same basic casting with a slightly larger internal displacement, so all the original brackets and accessories fit.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #6
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I've personally put the 357cc JR6 in a G16 with no issues at all. It's the same basic casting with a slightly larger internal displacement, so all the original brackets and accessories fit.
Thanks meimk , Thats what I was wondering about if all acc were going to fit . So it sound like it is just a bolt up and go .
Old 02-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, bolt up & go. If you get the kit from Yamaha, it comes with a new carb to match the 357cc.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #8
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is the one I am looking at . http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...001-00-00.html . I have seen where some on here has purchased or recommended this one . It looks like they use this same engine on many different vehicles as you can see in the fitment listing . I just wonder why there is such a price difference when for a golf cart . I have seen this same engine over 2000.00 . Must just be a different market than golf carts .

And it does look like it comes with a carb as well . Looks like this would be the easiest set up for me .
Old 02-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think the biggest modification you may have to do is one small terminal modification for the oil level wire.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingstiff View Post
This is the one I am looking at . http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...001-00-00.html . I have seen where some on here has purchased or recommended this one . It looks like they use this same engine on many different vehicles as you can see in the fitment listing . I just wonder why there is such a price difference when for a golf cart . I have seen this same engine over 2000.00 . Must just be a different market than golf carts .

And it does look like it comes with a carb as well . Looks like this would be the easiest set up for me .
If you are going to stick with the stock engine then I would highly recommend calling Don at Plowmans and getting options from him I am very PLEASED!
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha