lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default G31 AJP - how easy is it to speed this up!

Hi there. Have an opportunity to upgrade to the G31 AJP. I know nothing about this cart, and these haven't yet arrived in my golf cart community (management has a monopoly on new carts), so I thought I'd ask here before committing to one - takes 6 months to order from Japan.

I have been told that the top speed is around 26kph which is super slow. It's also hilly here so I need major torque to get up the hills with 5 people in the cart.

I can't lift the cart as the last time I did so my wife complained that the cart was unstable. I can put on bigger wheels (if they fit without a lift e.g. as on the EZGO TXT).

Anything I do has to be plug n play as the cart mechanic here is a pretty basic guy. I live in an island community overseas and so usually like to ship stuff in that is easy for our local mechanic to fix.

I guess a decent target speed for a cart would be around 30 mph, with the ability to eat hills. I'm relaxed about cost as this would effectively be the family car (no cars allowed where I live). New motor and controller is where I guess I would start, but controller has to be plug n play rather than needing a whole bunch of re-wiring.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G31 AJP - how easy is it to speed this up!

Have any links or more info on what a G31 AJP is?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #3
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

I have attached the brochure for the gas version and cosmetically they look the same. I think these come straight from Japan but I assume they are similar to current models in USA.

Here's another link http://www.golfcars.co.nz/shop/Golf+...c+golfcar.html

I'm told max speed is 26 kph which is super slow.

How well do the current US Yamaha electric models speed up? Are there plug n play aftermarket controllers and motors?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yamaha - G31AP.pdf (1.08 MB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, if they told what type of drive system were used, that would help... Yamaha currently offers a AC system (with industry leading power, 19mph, and zero upgrade parts), and a DC system (with a weak controller, a lousy motor, and tons of upgrade options, which is good, it will all need replaced).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #5
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks, hopefully I can get some more details when the first one arrives here. I guess if I can access the controller and read what type it is then this will give a good clue.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

"About 26kph" = approx. 16 mph so it could be the AC system on a heavier cart.

Suspect that it would be the more expensive option as the cart is going to be way expensive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha