lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
Yamaha84
Not Yet Wild

Default Bent Rear Arm or Frame?

I rencently purchased a 2014 YDRE and while trying to install bigger wheels/tires I noticed that the rear wheels are way out of alignment. In the pictures you can see that the rear passenger side tire is rubbing the side trim towards the front of the cart while the driver side is ok, although it looks like it's not centred in the wheel well either.

When taking the body off I noticed that the rear sway are was bent so I installed a new one. I figured I would have to wrestle with the rear arm to install the new sway bar but it went on perfectly. All pictures were taken with the new bar on.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Any tips to help diagnose?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
IMG_7612.JPGIMG_7614.JPGIMG_7617.JPGIMG_7619.JPGIMG_7620.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yamaha84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Bent Rear Arm or Frame?

Have you checked the wheelbase on each side and compared? Nice wheels, BTW.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I would take a look at the panhard bar first.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Panhard bar seems to be a hot topic this week. Here's the bar. It's supposed to be straight, not bowed. It is not a jacking point, or for towing stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170727_182433.jpg (508.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Have you checked the wheelbase on each side and compared? Nice wheels, BTW.
Obvious first step and from the photos I would suspect that it will be off. The cart should show signs of dog tracking when going down the road if the rear suspension is out of alignment.

If there is no visible damage to either trailing arm to cause a shift then we must look deeper. Possible problem with trailing arm mounts or pivot points at the forward end. Possible mislocated mounting plates where the rearend attaches to the trailing arms or worn bushings in the forward pivot points. Generally the panhard bar has no effect on forward location dimensions, only side to side.

If there is no issue found with the suspension then the only other place to look would be the body being off, either in the plastic itself or the mounting.

Careful measurements should isolate and confirm the problem regardless.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yeah it seems on almost every G29 I see the bar is bent lol, it's easy to hit things on it though being so low. Good thing they are fairly easy to straighten out
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

No updates, I wonder if the OP found his problem. ??
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
comai8981
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha84 View Post
I rencently purchased a 2014 YDRE and while trying to install bigger wheels/tires I noticed that the rear wheels are way out of alignment. In the pictures you can see that the rear passenger side tire is rubbing the side trim towards the front of the cart while the driver side is ok, although it looks like it's not centred in the wheel well either.

When taking the body off I noticed that the rear sway are was bent so I installed a new one. I figured I would have to wrestle with the rear arm to install the new sway bar but it went on perfectly. All pictures were taken with the new bar on.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Any tips to help diagnose?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
Attachment 156499Attachment 156500Attachment 156501Attachment 156502Attachment 156503

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, did you ever figure out the problem? I have the same exact issue you are describing. Put a 6" lift on and noticed the rear driver side wheel is about a inch closer to the body than passenger side. I changed the sway bar that was bent. I Have not been able to figure it out. I tried to message you but I can't find the option to do it. Thanks!
comai8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha