lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default street fox radials

Now that it seems like my new to me cart is reliable (for now lol) I decided to upgrade tires The cart has the all terrains in the first pic but the are worn out and un-even . I'm running probably 80% on pavement . I have clocked speeds about 24 mph and it's pretty freeking squirrely .

91HGEx2wWnL._SL1500_.jpg

These are the street radials I have on order . My thinking is the worn out 23s are probably 22" by now and seems like these new radials would be a lighter tire because of less meat . I'm hoping for a couple extra mph also considering the cart should drive more stable . Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks in advance . Excited because this is my first up-grade other than building a cart port lol

41014_large.jpg
markp1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: street fox radials

Sorry I'm new here and just realized I posted this in the wrong Forum and don't see how to move it ?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:09 AM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default street fox radials

I just bought the street fox and love them. I had kenda Kracken off road tires which were also 23s and the street fox are about 3/4” bigger in diameter, go figure. My old tires still had about 90% tread too. I’m very happy with them, they are silent, ride quality is a noticeable improvement and I think they feel more solid/stable in turns. I ride about 98% on the street. I’m currently running them at 22-23psi.

When you put them on remember they are directional. Ask me how I know......

EDIT: I don’t know if it matters but I have a 14” wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #4
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

That is great to know ! I'm even more excited now / I have the 14" wheels also . I'm trying to be the fastest cart in the hood LOL . Do you think they gave you more top end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
I just bought the street fox and love them. I had kenda Kracken off road tires which were also 23s and the street fox are about 3/4” bigger in diameter, go figure. My old tires still had about 90% tread too. I’m very happy with them, they are silent, ride quality is a noticeable improvement and I think they feel more solid/stable in turns. I ride about 98% on the street. I’m currently running them at 22-23psi.

When you put them on remember they are directional. Ask me how I know......

EDIT: I don’t know if it matters but I have a 14” wheel.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1958 View Post
That is great to know ! I'm even more excited now / I have the 14" wheels also . I'm trying to be the fastest cart in the hood LOL . Do you think they gave you more top end?

I went from 37 to 38 on the top end. I think mainly because they have less drag on the pavement more so than the additional diameter.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
rib33024

Quote:
Sorry I'm new here and just realized I posted this in the wrong Forum and don't see how to move it ?
Hi markp1958. Where did you want to move this to, which forum. I will move it for you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Not sure where it fits . I just realized this one is for troubleshooting and repair . And here I am bragging about my new tires when everyone else is just trying to fix their carts . Just didn't want to offend anyone lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Hi markp1958. Where did you want to move this to, which forum. I will move it for you
Old 02-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
rib33024

markp1958 it's all good where it is. You have an electric Yamaha. You can talk about any thing on your cart and post pics . We like pics
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:49 PM   #9
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
markp1958 it's all good where it is. You have an electric Yamaha. You can talk about any thing on your cart and post pics . We like pics
I'll try to post up some of the new treads this weekend! Tire kingdom had the air @ 20 plus so my first impression was not that great then I realized it and dropped them to 10# / what do you guys run your tires at for turf and asphalt?
Not sure if it matters but I'm running 23/10/14s
Old 02-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #10
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'll try to post up some of the new treads this weekend! Tire kingdom had the air @ 20 plus so my first impression was not that great then I realized it and dropped them to 10# / what do you guys run your tires at for turf and asphalt?

Not sure if it matters but I'm running 23/10/14s

I run 22, but I’m 99% on the street. I’d probably go a good bit lower on turf or gravel.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha