lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
Cory1007
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha g9 motor swap few questions.

Hey guys I posted before about wiring problems with stock motor come to find out had a lot more issues. I found out the motor its self was cracked and jb welded back. All around the oil plug an up the side along a lot more internal issues. So I have decided to motor swap I purchased a 18hp duromax for the new heart. Only problem I have found is the clutch my stock clutch is cracked all the way around inside so its toast also. What after market clutch can I use my engine shaft is 1" an 2"s an something long. I'm going to get a go kart motor mount an weld it in so I can mount an move motor as I need. The 40 series clutch looks like my best bet but it only fits a 7/8s belt stock belt is 1" an 1/8. Should I just change the transmission driver to work with 7/8s belt. Any input would be great.
Cory1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2018, 07:15 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha g9 motor swap few questions.

Check and read through the big block section on here. Theres more information than you'll probably ever need :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
Cory1007
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks
Cory1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You will want to spring for a 780 or replacement clutch, it will work way better. Go kart stuff does not work as well a cart is much heavier and wont work with the secondary either. Vegas said to have a new powerbloc clutch out now maybe investigate that. You can find clones that are cheaper of the 780 but they don't always last long. You can find 94c cheaper its not as smooth. For a new clone its 1" shaft or should be, get a 1" clutch. You can run a stock 30mm taper clutch on an adapter also. It depends on if you keep the generator or not you need a pulley for that, or vegas has a pulley that goes behind a normal 1" clutch. A new secondary sheave is not that much if you need that, secondary is transmission clutch.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha