lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Sun Classic G3. What to look for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I wired mine like a standard series cart. You can see the rotary FNR in the picture. Under the little ashtray. My factory keyswitch controls all the 12v accessories but it does not control the Alltrax KSI signal. It’s sort of difficult because they keyswitch is in a 12v circuit. I suppose I’d have to add a relay of some sort to it but I haven’t yet done it.

If anyone has ideas I’m open to suggestions[emoji16]

Club Car DS driver’s club #59

I'd recommend adding one of these

I'm sure I can come up with something to make 1 key switch work everything if you tell me what the controller is looking for to work
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2019, 11:12 AM   #22
calli4120
Not Yet Wild

My winter project turned into an early Spring project, but I finally got some time to work on the Sun Classic.

With my limited time before camping season here is what I plan to do over the next couple weeks

1. Add a back seat - This has been ordered and will hopefully get installed in the next week of 2

2. Replace the old Tires - Will be replacing the stock rims with a 10" rim and new rubber.

3. Replace the rear shocks - With the back seat this needs to be done. The old shocks cant handle much extra weight and will bottom out going over bumps.

4. Get the headlights working - All other lights works so I figured this wouldnt be a big issue

A couple questions I could use help with. For the shocks should I just go with a heavy duty shock of the same size (overall length) or should I bump up the shock a little in size and go with a heavy duty? Any recommendations?

After chasing my tail testing and retesting wiring trying to figure out why the headlights didn't work, my wife suggested checking the actual bulbs and low and behold they were both burnt out.... We found a direct replacement for the bulb (based on the part #), but they are spendy and need to be shipped in from overseas. Would just replacing the entire headlight assembly be worth my time pursuing? I would love to get these upgraded to LED anyway so it will help with overall run time.

Upgrading the motor will be a project for next winter so hopefully this will get me by this summer.

Thanks in advance!
calli4120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #23
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I didn't change my rear shocks, as they were fine. There is basically no "squishing", even when the rear seat is loaded with three people. I was pleasantly surprised!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha