lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid Stays on

2012 Yamaha g29 drive 48 volt electric with new t875 batteries. Cart has new fsip controller. When you switch the cart tow/run switch from tow to run you hear the solenoid activate and never cut back off. You can only activate the solenoid from the tow/run switch. Key switch is off and without pressing the accelerator makes no difference, cart stays on and get no movement from the cart. Can rock cart back and forth with no resistance. Switched the stop switch out didnt help. Can someone tell me what to check or test next please?
willis2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid Stays on

I do not know why you are having this problem with the FSIP. I do know that leaving the solenoid activated for extended periods of time will fry the solenoid activation coil, and should be avoided.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Is this a new problem for a cart you have been using or is this cart new to you?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Carts new to me, it was doing the same thing with the moric controller. I haven't tried testing the solenoid yet. It could be fried? It just clicks on so kinda didn't think it could be that. But never thought of it being left on and cooking it. I'll check it out and get back. Thx
Old 01-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Ok pulled solenoid tests fine, actually installed another one just to be sure and it's doing the same thing. When you turn the tow switch to run the solenoid still activates and cart doesnt move but solenoid stays on until you turn back to tow. What in the system cuts the solenoid off when it sits for a period of time? Turning key switch doesnt make a difference either. Thanks
Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Pulling the connector from the small terminals of the solenoid keeps solenoid from activating. I think those go to key switch. Dont have a wiring diagram to tell that for sure. I'm gonna start ohming out wires till I hear back from you guys.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Willis, there are Yamaha experts who will be along to help you.

I'll say this much: The one Yamaha electric I had (a bit older than yours) would engage the solenoid when the key was switched on. I would (a few seconds later maybe?) then hear it disengage and the cart did fine. Used it this way the whole time I had it with no problems. I assumed it was supposed to do this. You may have a problem that is not solenoid related. Let's see what the Yamaha guys have to say.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'm not a sparky guy, but this may help.

http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/_lit...g_Diagram_YDRE
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #9
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Ok thx
Old 01-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

After a few minutes you hear the motor making a real faint noise, I can also make it do it right away once I step on accelerator pedal. Very light whistling noise. Gonna unhook motor now see what I can find tell someone gets back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha