lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 08 Ydre/g29

2008 Ydre 48v .We have one that has me baffled. It appears to only be getting.6volts on pin 7
According to paper work that’s correct with no throttle and it should increase as the throttle pedal is pressed up to around 3.5 volts. BUT we get no increase at all not even 1/10volt. This a new fx302 controller with the pigtail adapter. We thought it was the tps so we replaced it with a new one, and then another new one, then the original and we still get 0 voltage increase when we mash the pedal. We have checked continuity on all three wires from tps to controller and all 3 check good. There is another symptom that is very intermittent, sometimes the solenoid will not engage in either forward or reverse or sometimes not at all. We tried a new 48v solenoid but it didn’t work, I know they were different solenoids so maybe it didn’t work because it wasn’t the right one. We connected the original solenoid back up and as for now it is working but we still only get.6volts on pin 7. We pulled the motor and cleaned it up and bench tested it. It works fine so we reinstalled the motor. Any help is greatly appreciated.
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #2
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 Ydre/g29 not going

Ok, I am on my knees,” PRAYING” to some geniuses on here
I am truly stumped.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 Ydre/g29

I seen a thread almost identical but it never finished. CGTech told him to check the motor but the guy never replied back
Old 03-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Never had to diag the FX controller in a Drive, I put one of those in a drive, and disliked it, took it right back out. Sorry, can't help.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for looking, I’m going to confirm continuity on the tps to controller. I’ll double check the number on that controller “my memory ain’t what it used to be.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #6
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is what fsip sent me to replace the original Moric controller. I had them send me my original moric back. Heck it might still be good. I think I will put the original controller back in tomorrow and see what happens
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FX302_Yamaha_YDRE_Instruction.pdf (236.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I found the trouble. coming from the TPS back to the controller pin 9 was not fitting firmly enough on the controller, after I figured out how to get that wire out of the connector, I re-crimped the small barrel or female end. Reassembled everything and it has been running fine ever since. Hope it helps someone in the future. That is a decent pdf file if something wants to sticky it under diagrams

Happy Carting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha