lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #1
Bobothewizard
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 Yamaha G29 Gas, clutch and lift questions.

Let me start by saying this whole golf cart lifestyle is brand new to me. Wife and I have been camping for the last 3 - 4 years and we had cart envy i.e. everyone else had one and we didnt. So we went out and bought a Yamaha 2007 G29 gas. Looks like not much has been done to it besides adding lights and a rear seat which is fine because I wanted to do the work myself but I am not very mechanical savvy. I have redone carbs on small boat engines and such but never much more than that.

Anyway, brought the cart home on Sunday and the wife and I were playing around with it in the yard and noticed that when slightly pushing the gas pedal down the engine starts and runs fine but it jerks a good bit when it starts going forward. Almost like revving up the engine and then it kind of kicks in and goes forward. Type of thing where you would hold the brakes of your car down while stepping on the gas then letting the brakes go. After reading a few posts and watching some videos on youtube, which is great by the way for detailed instructions. I am assuming it could be a worn out clutch. Looking at plowmans site he has a retro clutch kit that appears fairly easy to install. Would you recommend this type of clutch kit or should I be looking at a different problem with it?

Second question is on lift kits. Now the only thing we use this cart for is getting a little toasted and at the camper while going around to visit friends in the campground. So the lift-kit to me is all about handling and looks. So the question I have is what the the difference between a A-Arm kit and a long travel kit? To me it looks like the long travel kit is more complete? As in it replaces the whole front end instead of just pieces?

What would you recommend for a lift kit, I dont mind spending some bucks. I would be happy with sinking maybe another 2k into the cart if it would make it just cooler and fun :)

Thanks guys, all of the information provided by this site is greatly appreciated so a shout out to the folks posting, the sponsors and definitely the admin of this site. Thank you for all you do.
Bobothewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha G29 Gas, clutch and lift questions.

i have been posting about this too i also have a 2007 g29 gas been doing a lot of the research too.. everyone has been very well on replying to my posts and im sure you will get the same response.... everyone has been telling me to go to long travel over the spindle kit.. trying to remember all the reasons, but from what i have remembered long travel will have a better turning radius and i believe the ride quality will be better..

im planning on doing that and from what i have been told from everyone on here don at plowmans will set you up if you need a little more torque and or speed he is your man.. hope you get the answers you need.. ive added lights undercarriage lights usb chargers and a few others. hopefully this winter i get the lift, plowmans upgrade, and a new paint job for sure....

hope you get the answers your looking for and plan to be snooping the post for for more info than i have seen
Jazzyt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
Bobothewizard
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Jazzy, I will have to look around for the clutch question. I also think in the winter time I will be doing the lift / clutch upgrade as I will be taking the cart up to the camper this weekend.
Bobothewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I bought my 2007 G29 7 years ago now (wow!), for pretty much the same reasons, a campground transportation vehicle. When I got it, it needed some clutch work. The belt was worn, the secondary was worn so thin that holes were starting to show in the face. I read all sorts of bad reviews on the Team clutch setup, But I bought a new secondary, and had the primary rebuilt from Don Plowman. That along with a new belt and this thing runs like a raped ape. No issues with jerking or grabbing. It's got a low "creeper" gear with the belt all the way at the top of the secondary , when you first start out, but it shifts smoothly and quickly and does what I want it to do. Give Don Plowman a call, and he will fix you up.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha