lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: alignment of counterbalance KF82

I've got three extra balance shafts but two have missing teeth on the gears, but the one in the video below is in really good shape. It has some slight damage around the edges of a few of the teeth but I'd definitely call it a keeper. PM me an offer if you're interested.

Springbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Good thing about nylon is that it’s very forgiving of damage on the loaded surfaces. If you still have about 75% of the tooth surface still present, it’s usually fine to keep using. Make sure there are no loose pieces sticking off.

Personal preference, I would not use stainless steel to hold the cam gear on. Stainless steel tends to have a lower shear strength that comparable sized steel hardware. Not that there’s a huge amount of force being put on the counter balance weight while it’s turning, but with enough vibration I would feel like stainless steel might eventually fail.
Socket head cap screws in grade 8 steel should be available in the size you need and are much stronger than any stainless alloy.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Agreed with FT4M re stainless. it's pretty soft. And inside a motor you dont have to worry about rust
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car