lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default One more Fender flare question

I have a 2001 DS. I ordered Rhox flares and the rear aren't even close to a "perfect fit" as advertised so I returned them. I ordered Flexy flares that I am planning on installing on the front but with the built in flare on the rear body, it poses a problem with the flexy flares sitting against the body.
If I raise them up enough to screw onto the flat part of the body, it's high enough that you see the body flares from the side and it looks bad. It was suggested that I cut the body flares off the cart to install the flexy flares but I'm not interested in cutting my body. So, here's my question. Does anyone make a flare that truly fits the rear body of a DS? Thanks
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: One more Fender flare question

I got some of the ebay cheapy ones for one of our carts and they looked way bad until I drilled all the holes and actually screwed them down. Really wasn't difficult, looked like it would be alot harder than it was but once all the screws are in the flare pulls down to the body perfectly.
My advice is line up the front edge first, drill the hole and put one screw in. Then line up the rear edge and put a screw in there. The rest will then basically line themselves up and the flare will pull down to the body as you put the rest of the screws in. You could also do them two a a time, one at the front, one at the rear, start at the bottom and work up. Don't drill the next hole until the screws are in. Just don't tighten them all the way until all of the holes are drilled and have the screws in.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you for the reply. I might give them a try. I’ve installed one front Flexy flare and am not impressed. Only way to get them snug against body is to screw up inside edge towards top where you can’t get in with drill bit let alone a drive bit. But now that I’ve drilled holes, what’s another half dozen!
Old 04-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I used these flares on my '02 DS. They fit both the front and rear cowls perfectly. They also included stainless mounting hardware. They are sold by Rocky Top Carts, who used to be a site sponsor, not sure if they still are though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Cl...sAAOSw5-lbddxk
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #5
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I used these flares on my '02 DS. They fit both the front and rear cowls perfectly. They also included stainless mounting hardware. They are sold by Rocky Top Carts, who used to be a site sponsor, not sure if they still are though.

How wide are they? I don’t see it on the listing unless I missed it.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

They're about 4 inches wide
Old 04-22-2020, 06:29 AM   #7
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

My mistake on original post. I had ordered GTW flares not Rhox. The reason I disliked the GTW flares were when you tried to line up the cutout for rocker, the rear of the flare didn’t wrap around enough towards the rear. It almost looked like it needed another 5 inches to make it look like it fit. If that makes sense.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingerbateman View Post
My mistake on original post. I had ordered GTW flares not Rhox. The reason I disliked the GTW flares were when you tried to line up the cutout for rocker, the rear of the flare didn’t wrap around enough towards the rear. It almost looked like it needed another 5 inches to make it look like it fit. If that makes sense.
Ok I know what you mean. Maybe they have changed the design from when I purchased mine five years ago? Here are some pics of the ones I installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58.jpg (525.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 57.jpg (484.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #9
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Does anyone make like a 2” one?
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:23 PM   #10
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Ok I know what you mean. Maybe they have changed the design from when I purchased mine five years ago? Here are some pics of the ones I installed.
Yeah, they didn’t come down near what yours are. I’m giving up and ordered husky brand and they are going on no matter what! Thanks for the pictures!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car