lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2021, 08:39 PM   #1
Warksie
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car torque clutch torque spec

Wondering if anyone has the torque spec for the reverse thread clutch bolt on my 1998 club car ds fe290 engine? Also wondering where the best place to buy the correct fitting drive belt for it, I heard aftermarket belts may not fit too good? Also recommendations for rear upper shackle bushings and where to get from? Last, does anyone know if there is a chain or gear adjustment in the differential that needs to be tightened? I’m curious how much play differential should have when rotating driven clutch forward to backwards? Thanks
Warksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club car torque clutch torque spec

Nothing in the diff that should need to be tightened. Don’t think I’ve ever checked rotational play of the input shaft, but I would say a couple inches of movement of the clutch is probably normal. Check for in/out or up and down play or rocking. If it moves any of those way the input bearings may be bad.

Torque spec is something like 20ft lbs I think. It’s a long bolt, but it really doesn’t need to be on super tight. The reverse thread will make the bolt pull tighter if for some reason is is not tight enough.

Belts from Club Car, use a 1017188 for the heavy duty version. Get in touch with David at Revolution Golf Cars and he can get you the real deal OEM parts. Any and all Bushings that you need too. I think the HD OEM belt is like under $30 from him if I remember right. While you’re replacing that, get a real OEM starter belt too.

Don’t use Cheapo bushings on the upper shackle links or you’ll be replacing them again in a year or two.
If you need/want a performance belt there are some other options but they are usually double the cost. Not necessary unless you need to run some serious trails or off road with big tires.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:06 PM   #3
Warksie
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir much appreciated, I did find 25ft lbs for a torque spec. Nice fish.
Warksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Thanks man! She was one heck of a catch!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car