lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
Kel_C123
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 Gas Club Cart clicks no turnover

I have a 92 gas Club Car Ds with Kawasaki motor. Original issue was with generator which has been replaced and cart was running fine for a couple of months. Then the issue started to be intermittent starting and delayed starting like there wasnt enough power to turn it over. Battery is good the solenoid is good seemed as if voltage regulator was bad so that was also changed along with microswitch in cam box along with FNR microswitch and still not turning over the only thing happening is the solenoid clicks once pedal is engaged. Next step? Ignition key switch or ignitor and rpm limiter im stuck and not sure which route to take next... also all belts are tight motor is not locked up either.
Kel_C123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
Nlb7928
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 Gas Club Cart clicks no turnover

I've kinda fought this same issue. I think mine keeps burning up starters. I would take the starter/generator off and have it tested.

Also, I think my voltage regulator was frying my starter, along with my new voltage regulator frying my new starter.

Good Luck.
Nlb7928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Check the little wire on the back side of the starter generator. Make sure its not loose. I believe the little wire is the wire that activates the starter generator. If the solenoid is clicking but nothing is trying to turn over, id assume theres no power getting to the starter generator. Maybe check to see if it gets voltage with the pedal pressed. I believe its green but im not positive on that. Its the smallest wire on the starter. I thing maybe 14 G. Also, check the ground cable. Just something to check. Good luck.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:45 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The little green wire is voltage out to the regulator, that is not in the starting circuit.
There is a difference between volts and amps especially in the starting circuits.
You might test the whole big cable circuit from battery to solenoid to starter and read battery voltage everywhere, what you are lacking is the amps to turn the starter.
Check all of your grounds, battery cables and cable ends, the engine cradle is rubber isolated from the frame so there are grounding straps from frame to engine as well as the ground cable to the starter.
Four things will keep it from turning as long as you have 12V going to the solenoids small post,
Dead Battery, bad solenoid, loose/corroded battery cable connection positive or negative, or bad starter,
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #5
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Wow. Brain fart. A learning experience also. Thank you.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

LOL, I have them most every day. Welcome to BF world.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car