lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Golf Cart Speedometer

You know I have been reading a lot lately on golf cart speedometers and all the trouble there is trying to install them. I read where you have to place magnets here or there or do something to one of your wheels so they will work right. Well why not just buy a cheap GPS and install it permanently on your cart. Their getting cheaper all the time I see them for as low as 69 dollars. I am thinking about taking my Tom Tom out of my van and installing it permanently to my golf carts dash and buying a new Magellian that is on sale right now for 79 dollars.
Just a thought for anyone who would love to have a speedometer on their cart.
Calvin

Magellan RoadMate 1412 GPS Navigation - 4.3" Touch Screen Display, Text-To-Speech, US/Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Canada Maps $79.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magellan.jpg (64.8 KB, 11 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
drlugod
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf Cart Speedometer

Does that display MPH all the time and where is it on sale at? I have never used a GPS of any kind before.
drlugod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi there I just called them because I am ordering one and they will do mph and kilometers. Telephone number is 1-800-800-8300 the company is TigerDirect. I read on here where fellows were holding their gps in hand and it will tell you the mph your carts are doing. So I tried it with my Tom Tom out of my van and it works great.
Calvin
Old 06-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
drlugod
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool, just ordered one online. Thanks.
drlugod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

sounds good.gonna check it out.thanks for the heads up.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just ordered me one also they have plenty I think he told me they have over 3400 of them.
calvin
Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Just remember that if you go to other places with your cart I might suggest to still remove it from site since someone else might remove it for you.

Last time in Ft. Wilderness someone wanted to borrow my charger, without success, while I watched and hear it happening from a distance, (just coming out of the Tavern with my wife.) Father and son combo, son setting off cart alarm when he pulled on it/charger. Dad, sitting in their golf cart gave the excuse, "oh, my son was just curious as to what type charger you use and Nice Cart." I then told them PD2, put it back in place, (hanging on edge of bag well since it is loosely cabled down,) and we left going back to our campsite. This was at dusk in a normally heavy traffic area but during the week and was much slower.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0908.jpg (62.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0874.jpg (78.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0873.jpg (66.2 KB, 27 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good advice ScubaBud, but you know that goes for anything worth value these days, turn your head for a minute and anything can be gone. Thieves everywhere.
Calvin
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Good advice ScubaBud, but you know that goes for anything worth value these days, turn your head for a minute and anything can be gone. Thieves everywhere.
Calvin
I remove mine from the cart when we go into the stores or restaurants not just for theft but also for possible rain, mostly put it inside lock compartment or just carry it if it's gonna be a quickie in the store. There're small enough and light enough so no big deal either way. Besides using it as a speedometer we also use if for an odometer seeing how far we get on a charge.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thats another good idea, that is what I did with mine, I first used it to check the speed with different things I done to my old G1 then I used it to see how far I was driving it a day. I tell you one thing I never seen a engine get so many miles out of it on one fill up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha