lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for Newer Gas Cart! Why Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
??? ....... they made enough money off of the 10 they sold last year

Spriddle, Dave, and TNG are gonna have a fit
I can't speak for Sprid or TNG, I have no problem. Wounder why RPR posted in the Yamaha section? Sounds like he made up his mind and just want's validation As for Mikes dealings with Yamaha, What are they thinking? I would think they would relish a established dealer and a very cart freindly area, go figure. As for you Scotty...Your a MEAN MAN, VERY MEAN MAN But I luv you anyway...sometimes.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #22
rpr
Not Yet Wild

Fill me in then on what I decided because I'm still clueless!

Do all the gas carts still have carburetors? I can't believe that!
rpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #23
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
Thanks. Anybody have any thoughts on the Star NEV Off Road package carts? The overhead roof carriers can come in handy, not sure I've seen them on EZGO or Yamahas. They looks pretty nice...the dealer near Lake Lanier also carries those.
I made one out of one of these hitch mounted cargo baskets. I cut a section out of the middle & used plastic decking to make "feet" to mount it to the stock roof. I use it to haul wetsuits & vests & stuff down to the boat.

I've installed a cheapie lift kit on the cart since this pic. Makes the cart ridiculously tall. I'm going to chop about 2" or 3" out of the roof to make it all fit in the garage again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1107091359a.jpg (83.0 KB, 13 views)
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #24
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
Fill me in then on what I decided because I'm still clueless!

Do all the gas carts still have carburetors? I can't believe that!
Yes - all gas carts are carb engine vehicles.

The biggest question is what is your BUDGET? You want new? Good used? What?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #25
rpr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Yes - all gas carts are carb engine vehicles.

The biggest question is what is your BUDGET? You want new? Good used? What?
Budget is approx. $6,000 if I went used (2007 or newer) or $9,000 if I went new.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We can ship you a new ST 13hp for around 8K as long as you're not in Alaska, or something!!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

THere you GO! A new cart from any of the big three is gonna be a treat to use...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
All good info here, except where EZGO's tend to wear out quicker? I'd like to see that evidence - LOL

I think the longest standing vehicle and less cost of ownership is hands down an EZGO...
as far as the Ez-go I have worked on most of the 4 stroke where burning oil & smoking , lots of primary clutch replacement & lost of front end parts,

Maybe its because it is cold in Canada,
We park them in the winter to much snow & too cold to drive them around we get out the snowmobiles

But if I were a EZ-Go buff wouldn’t I be aging around in the EZ-Go forum instead of the Yamaha's
? :P
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #29
drlugod
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a like new 2008 EZGO Custom ST for sale. Pics in the for sale area.
drlugod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
rpr
Not Yet Wild

Well...figured I would just let you know what I decided. I went with a STAR factory lifted off-road 48V electric cart.

I know most of the folks on these forums hate these STAR cars, but I'm an engineer and a former auto mechanic and from what I can tell the objections are almost purely in principal (because some of the parts come from overseas). I have been unable to find any rational technically vaild reasons to avoid these carts. Those that say they will not last and parts will be impossible to get once the american makers catch up...well, maybe, but that's pure speculation. With the economy the way it is, it is just as easy to speculate that all the american makers will go out of business and we will only be left with overseas units if we can't get more competitive in the world marketplace. Let's be realistic here guys, have you been following the issues in the auto industry?

I really ended up wanting an electric EZGO, but they only offer 36V, 300 amp systems in the 4 seaters. That is is really an issue and they are lagging the industry terribly in this regard. I live in a very hilly area (my driveway alone is a 20% grade), and a neighbor's electric EZGO that he has modified with a 400 amp controller (still 36V) really struggles to make the grade.

The tax incentive ($5,300+) off the purchase price ($8,670 including the upgraded wheels & tires from the factory) was too hard to pass up. And yes, I will be taking physical possession before the end of the year so should definitely qualify for the credit. If a 48V, 400 amp "american made cart" was available with the tax credit, it would have been a no-brainer and I would have definitely went for the unit without overseas parts. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist (yet), and I needed a cart quickly.

Hope it works out. Thanks for all the input!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha