lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G2/g9

Ok guys, I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't find any info anywhere, so here goes.

I need all of you G2/G9 owners to give me your input. We already have a 1992 G9, and we are looking at buying an 80something G2. What are the major differences between the two?

Thanks.
Rascl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G2/g9

In my mind the biggest major difference is the G2 has a rev limiter and the G9 does not.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

ron's right, the rev limiter in the g2 is a ignition one and also an adjustible speed limiter on the rear end. while the g9 only has the adjustible speed limiter. other then the g2 being older, there very close to the same.
both good choices
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

About the same power but the engine is supposed to have more compression on G2. G2 older, what pre '90? Otherwise little difference but for the ignition rev limit on the G2. The ignitor can be changed to get rid of G2 limiter, but they are expensive new.

The rear one, is the throttle governor on the trans run by wheel (as in tire/wheel) speed. It is really a governor that pulls back the throttle at an adjustable wheel speed (rpm in trans), and the ignition is a rev limiter that cuts ignition at X max rpm that will only happen in neutral or fully shifted out with no governor.

The G9 has black steering wheel and black painted column (G2 both are white), black plastic trim over aluminum on front dash instead of bare aluminum on G2, and blacked out rockers...instead of white with black trim down center on G2.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

thanks for all the input. Of course we bought it. It's in really good shape and runs great. I'll post some picks as soon as I brave the cold, so you can see it before it starts its transformation. We can't leave anything alone. LOL
Rascl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha