lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Lochner27
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Arrow G9 Carb work? Adjustments

Alright guys.
Hopefully this will be my last post for help. My cart litterally smoked up the entire garage blue in 3 seconds. And only runs when choked. The air filter...JUNK. The springs on the throttle cable. um... Non existant.

So i would like to know the stock settings on the carb.
Like the air screws and what not.

And just wondering.. Why are the carbs so small on these? my Yfz450's carb was litterally 3x the size of this. My 50cc scooter had a bigger carb... Its weird.
But if you could, What are the stock screwsettings?
Lochner27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Carb work? Adjustments

Usually 1.25-1.5 turns out on the idle jet, that angled screw. The idle you set slow as it will fire. The main is a jet. If it smokes its oil ring or oil in airbox because it was overfilled. They will not run well at all with out the entire airbox on the motor and sealed right, otherwise you have to rejet the main. It will idle if you richen the jet but at about quarter throttle it runs poor again. But most will run in neutral with no airbox. They take 1 quart of oil and that is it.

I can run my cart at 30mph wot and let off to 3/4 throttle and it does not slow down, so I'd say the carb is too big if anything. Its just a really mild cam, your bike will make a lot more than 9hp this does.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
Lochner27
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Usually 1.25-1.5 turns out on the idle jet, that angled screw. The idle you set slow as it will fire. The main is a jet. If it smokes its oil ring or oil in airbox because it was overfilled. They will not run well at all with out the entire airbox on the motor and sealed right, otherwise you have to rejet the main. It will idle if you richen the jet but at about quarter throttle it runs poor again. But most will run in neutral with no airbox. They take 1 quart of oil and that is it.

I can run my cart at 30mph wot and let off to 3/4 throttle and it does not slow down, so I'd say the carb is too big if anything. Its just a really mild cam, your bike will make a lot more than 9hp this does.
Alright, Thanks.
Yea my air box isnt sealed at all, and it wont run at high RPM's without the choke all the way out.Its got 1/2 a tank of oil. As of right now, were ordering a new filter, airbox straps, Carb rebuild kit, Top end rebuild, and a throttle cable(Its all kinked and spring broke)
Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

let us no if you still have problems after you replace the parts you said. and yes on the stock set up the airbox must be sealed or you'll bog, run lean on the top end.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:50 AM   #5
Lochner27
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabercat View Post
let us no if you still have problems after you replace the parts you said. and yes on the stock set up the airbox must be sealed or you'll bog, run lean on the top end.
Exactly Sabercat.
With the choke pulled out, it runs good though.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochner27 View Post
Alright, Thanks.
Yea my air box isnt sealed at all, and it wont run at high RPM's without the choke all the way out.Its got 1/2 a tank of oil. As of right now, were ordering a new filter, airbox straps, Carb rebuild kit, Top end rebuild, and a throttle cable(Its all kinked and spring broke)
I don't understand that one?

Never worry about what or how many questions you ask, we're all looking for the same results.....for you to be riding!!!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Check with TXjoe for air box and parts, he might be able to help ya out.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...arts-sale.html
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If lifted the dipstick will not show the correct amount of oil and it will flood the airbox with oil if you fill it to the line.

You can clean the carb with spray if you get the kind with a hose, if you didn't already.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #9
Lochner27
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yea, were buying a rebuild kit for it so im going to have to take it out either way.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY A BODYKIT FOR A G9!?
None of the sponsers have them.. I atleast need the back Bodypart.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

try TNT golf cart parts
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g9 carb work g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha