lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
zipsayain
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G5A

my dad's Yamaha G5A run's, but doesn't go. It creeps or not at all. I noticed that the drive belt slip some or does not move. The belt looks good. Any Ideas?
zipsayain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G5A

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsayain View Post
my dad's Yamaha G5A run's, but doesn't go. It creeps or not at all. I noticed that the drive belt slip some or does not move. The belt looks good. Any Ideas?
Just a thought, normaly when some one say's runs (means the starter/generator) is turning over the engine. Then you could have, engine turns over, won't fire up. I woild suggest simple things first, when you push on the accelerator, does the govenor shaft or throttle shaft move? If not, a bloken accerator cable #1 or #2. You need compression, you need fuel and you need spark. If the engine "runs" and goes thru "rpms" as you push the accelerator pedal, then its time to look at clutch problems. Good Luck Dave Let us know what you find.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

yes see if the engine is starting at all
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
zipsayain
Not Yet Wild

First off, I was wrong It's a yamaha G3A. And its the motor. It's getting no gas. I need to find the fuel pump location. But that's for another night.
zipsayain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:34 AM   #5
lyoneyes
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I bought what I believe is a 93 Yamaha G5A Sun Classic. Rod was a knockin. Tore into it. Yep, that's it....ran it without oil. Most suppliers and forums skip right past the G5A without mention. Near as I can tell, it has the J38 engine in it. Right? - Wrong?. I got dial calipers and telescoping gauges to do an initial assessment of damage but have no reference material to compare my readings with specs. If this engine is too far gone, I'll stuff a 13 HP Predator engine in it and call it a day! Rebuilt quite of few small engines, just not too seasoned on Golf Carts at this point.....Any an all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited by lyoneyes; 03-14-2019 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: needs to be on a new thread
lyoneyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha g5a
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha