lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: taking off spider assy. and the the starter pully spins but not the spider assy?

Doomsman you still there?
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: taking off spider assy. and the the starter pully spins but not the spider assy?

Yes sir thats me. Sounds like the spider is already unscrewing off. Need to try to find another way to keep engine from turning or use a impact wrench if you have one. You could always unscrew spider and chang rollers with it in the cart. Not ideal but it would work.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
Yes sir thats me. Sounds like the spider is already unscrewing off. Need to try to find another way to keep engine from turning or use a impact wrench if you have one. You could always unscrew spider and chang rollers with it in the cart. Not ideal but it would work.
Yes BB man is right or you can pull the plug stuff some rope in the bore (some not a ton and keep one end out) and that will keep the piston from spinning over.
Good Luck.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #14
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

OK well I and looked at my ordeal and seen that the spider assembly was loose and that I could get the bad roller off without doing anything else, its just loose and I could pull it back enough to get at all the rollers. I still have the puller bolt all the way in and my new roller is supposed to show up today . so I will put it in and then what? Do I just try to keep the motor from spinning and remove the puller, then put the main bolt back in? I thought the spider assy. was supposed to screw off but it it is on there loose now. I cant pull it all the way off but its loose enough to pull the inner piece back to do what I needed. I guess I am wondering, do I just put the big bolt back in that holds it on there .Or am I supposed to figure out why the spider assy. is loose without me unscrewing it?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #15
berthasquare
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I normally use a rubber mallet.
berthasquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #16
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

use a rubber mallet to do what?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwh3rd View Post
Or am I supposed to figure out why the spider assy. is loose without me unscrewing it?
AAHHHhhhhh This dosen't sound good. Are you sure it didn't unscrew??
Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #18
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I guess it could of unscrewed. I had something holding the spider assy. still when I was screwing in the puller bolt and the engine and shaft were turning for a little bit. So what do I do if it did unscrew? The puller is still all the way in and it wont come out unless I can find a way from keeping the engine from turning.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Well if it did unscrew you could just change the rollers and screw it back on. Dooms is right with the old rope trick, They have done it for years on sleds. That should get the puller out. Lets put it this way you said you could move it enough to get to the rollers so either it unscrewed or it broke and will now be better suited as a boat anchor. I'm leaning towards it unscrewed. Think happy thoghts.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #20
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

hey big block man. How much is a big block kit for my g-16?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha