lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 TXT Upgrade Questions

I think your solenoid should be fine for now, unless you plan to upgrade to 48 volt.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
TLD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. Cables are on the way,should be here on Thurs. The 48v is an option I thought about. Think I will stay 36v for now.Sure have missed the rig around here. Still waiting to hear advice on whether the controller should be replaced right now or if I can wait a while on it. Will update on the cable replacement later this week. Thanks for the help guys.
TLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #13
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the controller is in the box to the left in that pic. the item to the right is the f-n-r switch. I would check teh temrinals on that switch when replacing cable. i have a feeling you have a bad terminal which will result in a burnt new 4ga wire.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLD View Post
Thanks for the advice. Cables are on the way,should be here on Thurs. The 48v is an option I thought about. Think I will stay 36v for now.Sure have missed the rig around here. Still waiting to hear advice on whether the controller should be replaced right now or if I can wait a while on it. Will update on the cable replacement later this week. Thanks for the help guys.
From what I understand from the guys here, the controller upgrade with the new 4 ga. wires will give you a lot of improvement in torque, versus just the 4 ga. cable upgrade. You do not have to change the controller now, but I beleive your stock controller is 275-300 amps - the new alltrax 4844 is 400 amps, the extra amperage will give you added torque.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

also adding a bigger controller can/will potentially run batteries down quicker. I tell my good customers, run the factory controller until it blows. than upgrade.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #16
TLD
Not Yet Wild

ok,got the cables on. While doing the swap...found a problem on the fnr switch. the A wire connection was loose and the brass bolt was about burned in half. Found a used board and put it on and WOOSH, Im haulin #*@..... Well maybe not haulin #*,@ but at the blazin speed of 15.1 mph via gps. While at the pro shop, where I got the board, the guy told me my interstate golf cart battries were crap and a waste of money and that an alltrax 4844 would not be a good choice for my stock motor. Even if i added another motor the 4844 he said that was not what i needed. I think he wanted to sell me a 500 amp $750 alltrax he had. Ya hills still give me some problems, but a 400amp will help with that..i hope. will be lookin for a torque motor or a combo for all around use. thanks for the help guys! I think I have been infected with the cart hop-up disease!!!
TLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #17
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

An alltrax 4844 on a stock motor will do you well, if you go bigger than that then you will want to consider a bigger motor. Drive the cart for a little bit with your new cables and you be the judge of that, it really all depends on what you want to get out of your cart. Remember the faster you want to go with a electric the more you spend.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO