lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
footer10
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: throttle problem,new controller,throttle works backwards

you're both right.Right cart wrong controller= wrong potentiometer.Radio shack. $3.00. Thanx for the directions. John
footer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb493107 View Post
you're both right.Right cart wrong controller= wrong potentiometer.Radio shack. $3.00. Thanx for the directions. John
Glad you got it running. How about a little summary to close out this thread. You have a 5K-0 controller in your E-Z-go? The existing potentiometer was a 0-5K. You replaced the rheostat with a $3.00 radio shack part? I'm really interested in more details on this fix. Any part numbers would be helpful. Thanks in advance, Jim
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OH I get it ......... $3 that's cool
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
footer10
Not Yet Wild

rvyn 20s b303 05dc 0to5k original.radio shack 9h1 b5k.5k to 0. just take potentiometer off where the throttle lever is and resolder output wires to new pot.new pot might have too much throw to get to 0. but you get the picture. haven't put on yet but looks the same. will get back to you if i have problems. Thanx,John
Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb493107 View Post
rvyn 20s b303 05dc 0to5k original.radio shack 9h1 b5k.5k to 0. just take potentiometer off where the throttle lever is and resolder output wires to new pot.new pot might have too much throw to get to 0. but you get the picture. haven't put on yet but looks the same. will get back to you if i have problems. Thanx,John
I found a $3.00 Pot listed at Radio Shack. I'm not sure it is the one you bought though. I didn't see anything with the numbers you listed. Let us know when you get it installed and how it works out. I couldn't see any specs that list what the number of degrees the pot has to travel to go through the 5k - 0 range. If it does it in the range of the pedal travel it might be something to consider. Thanks for the info. Jim
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
footer10
Not Yet Wild

OK I should have gone with my original thought which was Ican fix this with what I got. You guys pointed me in the right direction. Seems curtis patented a 0 to 5k pot and not a 5k to 0. So what you do is face the pot in the other direction, if the shaft is facing left face it right and vice versa. Then adjust it 5k to 0. Works great. Save the $3.00. Thanx, John
Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
footer10
Not Yet Wild

OK,in my quest to be even dumber I didn't think to change wires on pot.Blue was on 1 brown was on 2 and then connected to 3 with the resistor unit. Ididn't try it since I already hooked it up.That might be the easiest solution. Thanx,John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO