lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #41
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: Did the governor mod, and now bad stuff.

Scrap
Crash is correct, Ill give a little more detail. Is that your cart in your avatar? If so lift rear pretty high in the air, as you will have to do this from under it. If thats not your cart and you have a access hatch you can do it through there. I'm taking a guess at year of cart cause you didn't state it. 97-Up?
This takes a little skill or three hands. this is all viewed from rear of cart.
To reset gov to correct location.
1. Make sure pinch bolt is loose.
2. Pull left side of governor lever towards back of cart and hold there. Butterfly will be wide open.
3. Rotate gov shaft counter clockwise (same way as the lever) and hold. (Shaft does not move much maybe 1/8 turn) Most people think its broke cause it barley moves and it does move easy!!!
4. While holding lever back and shaft turned tighten pinch nut. Tighten securely
5. Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #42
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool fella's, I will get on this as soon as I get my next off day(Tuesday). I'm on freakin' 12's now and have some time to hop on here at work, but I'm obviously now where near the cart. I'll give you guys some feedback Tuesday when I get to the garage to tinker on the CC. Thanks

BigBlockMan, yes, the cart in my avatar is the cart I'm working on. Thanks for your help too!

-SS
SCRAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #43
ashveal
Not Yet Wild

?? did it get fixed
ashveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #44
stinks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Very important to buy a repair manual. You would be supprised what you can find in there! Its answered my questions many a time. Even this kind of stuff is in there. Being a Mechanic on a golf course for years i referenced them many times.
stinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #45
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Scrap, where you at?

Left us hanging like a cheap date!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #46
Put
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey crash, I ain't cheap but I can be bought. I figure since Scrap passed out at his own party, I would jump in and hijack his post while he's away. My buddy just bought a club car and we did the linkage rod mod tonight. It took a ton of slack out of his pedal but very little speed increase. The downside is his govorner is saying whoa!! every time his speed starts to climb. Is the only option the let the governor spin freely or is there adjustment in the governor to match the increased throttle? I want to help him but I don't understand how the governor works. I assume it's a centrifugal actuation.
Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #47
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, got it fixed. I had long forgotten about this thread until I saw it pop back up. I've been spending a lot of time in the lifted cart section(and in the garage). Thanks again!

-SS
Old 08-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #48
Put
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

"Sorry, got it fixed. I had long forgotten about this thread until I saw it pop back up. I've been spending a lot of time in the lifted cart section(and in the garage). Thanks again!"

Don't keep us in suspense man! What did you find wrong?
Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #49
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

The shaft was corroded badly, I cleaned it up and did everything in post 41 and got it squared away. No secrets.

-SS
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car