lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
egldvrbags
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 EzGo Charger

I have a 36v 1987 EzGo and what appears to be the original charger (model 19012 G1). I've searched this forum and can't quite find the info I'm searching for.

My charger (see photo) has a 12hr timer and amp meter. I want to get new batteries but don't want to overcharge them. When I charge my current batteries, the amp meter shows a lot of charge at first then over several hours it goes to about 4 and stays there. It appears to not shut off until the timer runs out. This could be because there is a bad battery (likely) or simply that it doesn't shut off until the timer runs out.

2 Questions:

1. Does this old-style charger shut off when the batteries are charged even though there is time left on the timer? ie, let's say I set the timer at 12 hrs but the batteries only need 9 hrs. Does it shut off at 9 hrs or 12?

2. What is the proper way to charge new batteries w/ this charger?

Thanks!

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart charger.jpg (70.5 KB, 12 views)
egldvrbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 EzGo Charger

I am not sure how many people have THAT exact charger. I have an 88 cart and next model up of charger that came with it which was the Total Charge. It looks like yours, but with green paint. The charger should go jump to 20 amps and then come down to 0 and shut off. Even though my chargers does not say "automatic" like some other chargers, it does shut off before the timer runs out. Again, mine looks similar, but not exactly like yours. I would search others web sites if you still have concerns or no one else chimes in. I can't see how your charger would hurt or operate differently with a new set of batteries.
aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO