lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2004 EZGO PDS suspension questions

PDS is just your drive system.

When ordering parts for your cart look for TXT. thats what you have.

I would say you have alignment issue and a spring issue.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntn4Ya View Post
I have an 04 PDS with a 5" Jakes drop axle lift...22x10" tires and rear seat kit. Cart has a big lean towards drivers side. It is also really bouncy and wild riding. I mean pry the seat from your cheeks on unlevel roads wild. I jacked it up the other day and noticed that both front tires seem to wobble when I spin them. If I rock the tires back & forth there is a small amount of play in them. I'm assuming thats where my wobble is coming from. What is causing this? How can I fix it? How do I fix the bouncy wild ride problem?
O.K. Sounds like you may have multiple problems, so check out these items:
1.Worn bearings
2.Worn spindle bushings
3.Broken front spring
4.Bent rims
5.Worn shocks
6.Worn tie rod ends
Most of these can be checked and replaced in just a couple of hours with a decent set of hand tools. Parts are fairly cheap and most on-line and local shops have them available. If the cart is handling as bad as you say, don't drive it until you fix it. One other item I found on a friends cart was that his rear driver side shock was not letting the spring move to the resting position, and he sat low on the driver side. When we loosened the shock, his cart sat level. Jake's lift kits usually have all the parts you need, so I don't think this is your leaning problem, more than likely a worn out or broken spring. Good luck and let us know what you find!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #13
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Well I have ordered HD springs for the front and rear of the cart from East Coast Custom. I finally got my toe-in set correctly yesterday bout a 1/4" wider in the rear. Cart looks alot better to the eye now anyway, havn't driven it yet. New springs should arrive tomorrow, and I plan on tackling the rest of my possible issues after I get them on. I'm sure I'll be back on here looking for more help. Thanks!!
Hntn4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

architech...I see you are in Hampton...I'm just north of Gloucester...in Middlesex County. Have you ever tried the shop on Warwick Blvd? How are they to deal with?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

OK...Just an update really. Put HD springs all the way around and I believe it has fixed 90% of my problem. Ride is 100 times better than before, and I beleive the cart sits up in the air alot more than before too I still have the wobble in the front tires though. How do I tell if the tie rod ends are worn? Even when the tires are on the ground i can move them around a little and here a bumping sound when I push on them. I'm really stumped on this because I dont really know whats in good shape or bad shape with these parts.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Hard to believe any thing is worn out on an 04, did you check the front bearings? (tighten down then back off about a quarter turn) and 1/4" toe-in (wheels pointing in) usually takes the slop out of the front end.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

I have the toe in set correctly. Just have a wobble in both front tires. Its bad enough that it can be felt while riding, and you can see it in the front wheels while riding as well. I know I am going to replace the wheels eventually because they have no offset and cause a little bit of a rub on my steering dust cover. I guess the wheels could be bent, but I don't think that would explain the movement I'm feeling in the wheels. I just don't know much (or anything) about these parts, and don't know how to tell what is worn and what isn't. Will any wheel bearing fit my application?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #18
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Alright...hopefully my last question on this topic. I beleive my problem to be in the kingpins (if thats the bolt that connects the axle to the hub) The play definetly seems to be there. I can see it rocking back and forth when i rock on the hub. I pulled it apart and a metal tube...about a 6" bolt and a washer came off with it. What need to be replaced...the tube? Should there have been a washer on both ends? What I'm talking about is not a washer either, but a metal ring i suppose.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO