lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: As the air temp rises, my cart stumbles more

4 is a jet it screws in all the way. It can be changed like a main jet not adjusted.
Be sure the little hole in it is clean.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Could be time for a new spark plug?
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Way back in the college days, I had a Datsun that would stumble if it was hot out and the engine was already warm. Datsun came out with a fix for all the cars, a little fan that blew on the fuel line and carb, never had an issue again. Could you be having a hot fuel line and fuel is vaporizing prior to the carb?
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdelta View Post
Way back in the college days, I had a Datsun that would stumble if it was hot out and the engine was already warm. Datsun came out with a fix for all the cars, a little fan that blew on the fuel line and carb, never had an issue again. Could you be having a hot fuel line and fuel is vaporizing prior to the carb?
You know that was an idea I had, too. A vapor locking type of deal. It could be I guess. I was thinking about trying to mount a fan in the front to blow on the valve cover area which would hit the carb as well. This was to try and help keep the engine cooler.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
4 is a jet it screws in all the way. It can be changed like a main jet not adjusted.
Be sure the little hole in it is clean.
Ok cool. I guess thew guy was talking about the other, #3 screw and I misunderstood. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightninlarry View Post
Could be time for a new spark plug?
Never a bad idea to change the spark plug. I pulled it before last weekend and it was blackened some and I scraped it clean but for a couple bucks why not just change it.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #17
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

I had been topping the gas tank off before every night of driving and this weekend I tried to run it at half full to see if it changed anything. Possibly the vent was not letting enough back pressure through so I also didn't tighten the gas cap down all the way as I saw somewhere this is something you could do to see if this is an issue. Pulled the line and and it's clear but it seems like it doesn't let much flow through it for whatever reason.

What about that line that runs from the tank to the engine? What's that for and could that cause my engine to act this way?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #18
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Plug shouldnt be black... shouldnt be white.. should be a tan color... maybe it is a fuel mixture issue!!..but if you think its not getting enough fuel to the carb then check your pulse line from the crankcase to the fuel pump and make sure it is not cracked or brittle... could be time to clean your fuel pump!!
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Black plug means running rich.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Running rich, that's exactly what I've been trying to remedy. You can smell it in the exhaust, too.

I guess after the weekend I'll do some meddling with the mixture on the carb to see if it's set up right or can be improved. I needed to get through this weekend without messing things up worse cause it's at least allowing the cart to be used and I can make $ working. I didn't want to be one of those people who try to help and make it worse. Read enough of those posts to be wary.

I was planning to pull the carb and give it another good cleaning with the bowl off but I wanted to wait until after working this weekend. With drinko de mayo this past week and the last weekend before finals at the college this was a big weekend for party goers. It paid off being able to get out every night and now I have some resources again after all my bills are paid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car