lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Need New Controller & Advise

Excuse my long post, but the two questions are at the end, if you want to fast forward there.

We had heavy rains here last week, so I just had to get in my buggy and check out our subdivision lake, which is prone to flooding. We have a wooden bridge that crosses the lake that's probably 100 yards long, followed by an incredibly steep slope up to the next subdivision. The bridge had 5" of water over it, so I drove across it, which looks like you're driving in the lake. I crossed the bridge three times that evening, then stopped to talk to a neighbor. When I hopped in to go home, it was completely dead. By then another neighbor was also out with me, so I got him to tow me home.

Several days later, I went to figure out what was wrong. The solenoid clicked strongly, so I was hoping it was just the throttle sensor or micro switch. As I took off the floor mat, I smelled something dead. Kewl, I thought. Maybe I can just pull out the dead fish or rat and everything will be fine. I did pull out a dead fish, but it wasn't the problem. I opened up the throttle sensor box and dried everything out, though there were only a few drops of water in there.

I went through the troubleshooting sticky, which indicates it's my controller. My cart is a 1998 E-Z-Go TXT Series with a 2004 body, with 2002 Exide batteries which run **** good. Rear flip seat, S/N:

C2698

It has a 2004 motor. The second owner I bought it from didn't know why the first owner changed it. Its an:

Advanced DC Motors Inc.
BD5-4001A
36v Class H s/n 4849
Rating AU2500

I'm told my motor may be a high speed motor. I'm planning on pricing options for a used stock controller to save money, or for a new 400 or 500 amp controller. The batteries probably aren't long for this world, so If I can't get a cheap stock controller, I'd like to be ready for 48 volt upgrade when I buy new batteries.

Does anyone know the part number for the stock controller?
If I buy a new 400 or 500 amp controller, should I set it up to limit the current to stock, to try and keep my 7 year old batteries as long as possible?

thanks
Adam
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need New Controller & Advise

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
That's where I'll go for pricing on new controllers, and I guess advise as well. However, I want to balance buying a used controller to last until my batteries die, vs. buying new now, when I hadn't planned on spending that much.

Does anyone know a model number so I can check the dreaded eBay? I've already used sponsors, plan on using them often, and promise not to purchase from that other site.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

That being the case, you can send your existing controller off for repair. I believe FSIP is the official Curtis certified repair center. Assuming you have a stock Curtis controller.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
That being the case, you can send your existing controller off for repair. I believe FSIP is the official Curtis certified repair center. Assuming you have a stock Curtis controller.
Since there were no markings on the outside to indicate make or model, I opened it and found it's a 1206.

http://www.fsip.biz/ appears to be the site you recommended. Flight Systems Industrial Products. I never would have found them without you.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
edu01jose
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sent you a pm brother
edu01jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO