lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #41
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Plain and simple with out all the engneer BS--The more lead the more run time---it's that simple --
Well that was my point to start with. Instead of saying the 8-6 volts have more lead in them than 6-8 volts i used the capacity numbers to demonstrate the point. That is the enjunire in me commin out
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #42
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
This is your OPINION, not fact. You cannot possibly prove or disprove this statement. ?
Well scotty I was injecting some humor trying to lighten up the tone, but what I stated is factual, and I think you know it, if not all you have to do is a little reseacrh to confirm it.

Start with series wound DC motors with brushes. There huge disadvantage is the brushes and communtator wear out in fairly short order and need replaced, and will overspeed with no load causing them to self destruct. The main advantages to a series wound motor is they are inexpensive to manufacture and control their speed with a simple PWM controllers.

If the manufactures did not care about the expense of the product, they would at least use a Brushless DC (BLDC) with pernament magnets, or the ultimate AC induction motor.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #43
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereckbc View Post

Start with series wound DC motors with brushes. There huge disadvantage is the brushes and communtator wear out in fairly short order......
My original motor is now 13 freakin years old and runs perfectly well. Other motors in use by carts have survived much, MUCH longer. Once again, your theories are not being applied to ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVENTS. They are golf carts, not space shuttles. They don't NEED expensive high-tech drivetrains that allow for 150 mile ranges (Tesla, Volt, etc.). Even our racer friends are abandoning their AC motors and going back to DC setups.

BTW, we are still awaiting the pix of the carts you have applied your education to.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO