lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default controller clicks but no go.

I have a 97 EZ-Go TXT DCS. I was riding and stopped for a minute I went to go again and it shuttered and then a long continuous beep that would not stop. The alarm continued if the key was on or off, if tapered off like the battery was dead. I had to tow it back to my garage but I did not remember to put in tow mode. The power connections seem tight and I have new batteries. Howfully I did not hose the controller.

Thanks.
mwissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller clicks but no go.

Quick update. I took some advise and gave the cables a good tug and one pulled off. I fixed that and not it still will not go but if I put in in reverse and hit the gas it still does not go. The update is if I put it in forward it makes a long continuous beep even with the ignition switch off. I have either put it in maintenance mode or flip the engine kill switch over the motor. Hope that help narrow it down.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

bump.

No advise?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Go to the stickies section, there you can find a guide to help you determine what is wrong, sounds like the controller, or maybe you have lost your reed switch. The reed switch is located where your charger plugs in, undo the three screw and and try to jumper the white wire, turn cart on and depress. With the constant beep I am leaning on a controller. Is your cart lifted, rear seat, etc etc.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that and report back. It does have a rear seat but it is not lifted. If it is the controller what should I expect to pay for a replacement? The cart is 100% stock to my knowledge.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I think around $400 for a controller, plus you will need solenoid, fuse, diode. Go to the Alltrax 400amp DCX, you will enjoy the upgrade. If you do this you should upgrade your wiring at the same time.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I crossed the red and white wires bypassing the switch but still no joy. I'm assuming that bypasses the switch behind the seat over the motor? I have one battery cable that is sketchy so I took is off and tried a work around but that did not help either. I could still hear the solenoid click to engage and click again to disengage. I also hear the beep if I put in in reverse but it makes no attempt to move.

How easy is it to burn up the controller in a cart anyway, just curious?

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

on a DCS cart? VERY EASY.

Have you tested teh RESISTOR assembly that goes from large solenoid post to large solenoid post?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have not tested that component, what should I be looking for if it is faulty? Is there a documented process to test it?

What is the best way to protect from cooking the controller on DCS cart, assuming there is a way?

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
mwissman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bump.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO