lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
tiresmoke216
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 dcs help needed

I have a 1996 dcs cart that quit today. The family was over for my sons birthday and everyone was giving the little kids rides in my cart. My newphew backed out of my garage to give his son a ride and the cart stopped moving but the back up sound kept going. I put it in forward and it started beeping and would not stop until I switched it to tow. What should I look at first? Any suggestions? I did check voltage from the pack 35.4 volts Thanks Brian
tiresmoke216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
tiresmoke216
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 dcs help needed

ttt
Old 06-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Jack Higgins
Not Yet Wild

I had a similar problem a while back and this link fixed my problem

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...=constant+beep
Jack Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
tiresmoke216
Not Yet Wild

Went out this morning to check connections and for thr heck of it I tried to run the cart and it ran. When it quit last night the cables were HOT. My dad just gave me some #1 copper welding cable and I was thinking of using it to make new leads form batteries to motor, will this be ok? Thanks Brian
Old 07-02-2010, 03:47 AM   #5
tiresmoke216
Not Yet Wild

ttt
Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresmoke216 View Post
Went out this morning to check connections and for thr heck of it I tried to run the cart and it ran. When it quit last night the cables were HOT. My dad just gave me some #1 copper welding cable and I was thinking of using it to make new leads form batteries to motor, will this be ok? Thanks Brian
#1 will work, especially if you have a heavy duty crimper and the right lugs. If your original cables are getting hot after lots of use, then definitely get better cable, and take a good look at your other components/connections. If your cart is going to see continuous use like it did when it stopped, you should consider upgrading your motor and controller also.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

If you use that wire, you most likely will not be able to use your stock environment cover, the wire will be too big for it, you most likely will need to cut it down and possible relocate your tow run switch.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO