lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #11
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 ezgo gas startup problem

Just to clarify, cold start is fine but low power.

After running awhile and stopping, it will crank over just fine, has good compression, the carb is fresh, there is plenty of spark but no fire even with ether.

Something is messed up, you have all three components for successful combustion on a simple engine but no go.

Have you checked the muffler to see if it plugged after it is hot? (per ez go go)
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeeMan View Post
Just to clarify, cold start is fine but low power.

After running awhile and stopping, it will crank over just fine, has good compression, the carb is fresh, there is plenty of spark but no fire even with ether.

Something is messed up, you have all three components for successful combustion on a simple engine but no go.

Have you checked the muffler to see if it plugged after it is hot? (per ez go go)
GT Man, I think you and I are on the same page.. He's not checking something closely enough. With fire and comp. the engine will start with spray, assuming all else is working properly. I felt like exhaust was surely the prob.... Def. check that exhaust one more time...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #13
kingmechanic
Not Yet Wild

the muffler is loose inside rotten took it of but still wont fart. after engine has run it still has 120psi strong spark and fuel
kingmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #14
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok put ear plugs in take off the muffler and start it check power then,
did not quite under stand the last post about the muffler if it loose or what
massage the muffler if you say good spark and good fuel it is not breathing.
these dudes know what there talking about work on the muffler.

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:34 AM   #15
topdrive
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same cart and HAD basically the same problem with mine and after changing everything....pulsar coil, carb, regulator, battery, coil and wire, muffler....you get the picture.....it turns out I was getting to much fuel, so I removed the carb, removed the float assembly and bent the little tit up on the float......rite under the needle valve. Well it runs awesome now, no more fuel smell either. Can't say its your problem but its worth a try. Do you have the oil injection? I trashed mine and mix my fuel 80/1, no smoke and no fouled plugs.
topdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
benny532
Not Yet Wild

I know you replaced the fuel pump but it may have sat on the shelf for a time. Take the pump apart and check the plastic diphram in it. It may be cracked. I had the same problems you do and this was the 5 dollar fix. The slightest crack in that mechanical pump will fill the motor up with gas through the vaccume port in the block. Then it will set for a few hrs and run again.

Good Luck.
benny532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO