lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: what new cart to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Respectfully I have to disagree with you. There is a HUGE performance difference between his current cart and a new RXV. Speed, Power and Driving Distance are all MUCH better on the new RXV carts.
All good points rabbitreborn and I agree to a point, the RXV has the power and the new AC drive technology and should run further on a charge than the current cart. Auto braking is a cool feature as well as the HF charger and better ride.
It's obviously the owners choice but I ask if it's worth the extra $6500 for 2 more mph and an as yet to be proven reliable cart. RXV's utilize the 4x12v batteries that Club Car gave up on and Ezgo is now starting to have a few reported issues with the 12v batteries as well.
For less than $1500 he could upgrade to 48v (new bats, controller, charger, cables) and gain an additional 30% in speed and torque and performance wise, blow the doors off an RXV.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree that doing an upgrade to his current cart is the better option financially, as for the 12v battery issue, I believe E-Z-GO has resolved that issue by using the voltage converter. The issue Club Car was having should not come into play for E-Z-GO since the AC motor is far more efficient.

Before I would spend the money on the RXV myself, I would likely do a 48V conversion and then go with an aftermarket AC motor kit to get the benefits of both without the cost of the newer cart. He would still save about $2K over tha cost of the RXV overall.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
gamer1
Getting Wild

Good information from all. Not sure what to do. My cart is in good shape as far as looks but the suspension is getting bad and the battery racks are in need of work. I could put money in mine but wouldn't know where to stop and would still have a 2000 ezgo. I think I can get $2000 out of it which would off set the price some. I am a bit worried about how much money those 12 volt batteries cost when worn out. How is the torque and speed on the new gas ezgo? Thanks
gamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
dougmcp
Gone Wild

4x12v batteries shouldn't be much different in price than 6x6v batteries, about $750.00 total.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #15
gamer1
Getting Wild

thanks dougmcp
Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #16
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

The trojan 12V average $165 each. $165 x 4 = $660 as to the T-105 at $115 x6 = $690.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #17
gamer1
Getting Wild

just wondering how they get more run time with 4, 12 volt....everything I read here is "more lead more run time". do I have that wrong or are the new ezgo's just more efficient?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the a/c drive just used less amps. It takes more to get you goin, but once you start cruising it uses about 1/2 the amps over a dc cart. I was told this anyway by EZGO

on a side note is I have had more issues from the 12v than I have from the 6v. if you look at the specs the 12 are less than what 1 6v is. So as far as run time, I have really yet to figure that one out.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
gamer1
Getting Wild

Interesting......thanks for the info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO