lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #21
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 36volt TXT needs a little speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
lmao... long enough to have seen major accidents caused by inexperienced or untrained people operating equipment they had no business touching in the first place.

In all seriousness, I love the concept of the Boost that Roady posted and I fully believe that in a controlled environment, that would deliver EXACTLY the kind of power you need in a drag cart. I don't build or repair Drag carts on a daily basis however. I build daily drivers. I operate on carts for use in real world environments, with real world hazards (oncoming traffic, stop signs, speed bumps, people walking along the side of the road). Having a cart that is uncontrolable is NOT an option.

Well Darn that just ruins all the fun!!!!!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The boost voltage can be anything you want it to be. Mine is 12v added to the stock 36v pack. Roady had a 72v booster, if I remember correctly. The 12v boost is very tame and serves to get back the power lost while climbing a hill, so if you are going 10mph at the beginning of the hill adding the boost will get you back to 10 mph. On the flat, with the stock cart you may get a whopping 15 mph, just shy of making your eyes water.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

e-z-go1988, I am happy for you, maybe you are the .1% that uses this idea responsibly. Unfortunately, I can't build carts under the assumption that everyone is going to be responsible, I have to protect myself and my company from potential lawsuits. I have to plan for the worst. I don't sell carts that go 10MPH, I sell carts that go between 15 and 24 MPH. Adding a "boost" could result in carts moving in the in excess of 30MPH and trust me, at that speed, the carts get "squirrelly". They are short wheelbase and narrow bodied. They were never designed to travel at those speeds. I have new Chinese made carts in stock right now that travel in the 30-35 MPH range and even I hate driving them as the control just isn't the same.

Again, as I said in the beginning, this isn't aimed at offending anyone, I am simply stating my point of view. If you choose to install a boost, more power to you, but I will stick with doing things the proper way.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #24
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
e-z-go1988, I am happy for you, maybe you are the .1% that uses this idea responsibly. Unfortunately, I can't build carts under the assumption that everyone is going to be responsible, I have to protect myself and my company from potential lawsuits. I have to plan for the worst.
Again, as I said in the beginning, this isn't aimed at offending anyone, I am simply stating my point of view. If you choose to install a boost, more power to you, but I will stick with doing things the proper way.
You can't sell 6" lift kits, high speed gears, larger tires, 36V to 48V conversions? Most performance upgrades require responsibility on the part of the user!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree, they do require responsibility on the part of the end user, and yes, I have no issue selling any of the above mentioned upgrades. I build custom carts all the time, what I don't do is build things that have raw, uncontrolled power flowing to the motor. Yes, I even remove "shunts" in people's carts when I see them (with the owners permission of course) and that was an accepted practice for MANY years that gave people that little extra "boost" in speed at a cost of under $50. I remove them because in the hands of an unknowing person, they can not only cause serious injury to people or property, but they also can cause shortened life on the motor in the cart.

Let's just agree to disagree on this point please. You believe you are correct and that this "cheap" boost upgrade is the wave of the future and I (as well as most of the certified/crediantialed golf cart repair technicians in this country) will continue to repair and upgrade carts in the proper way.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #26
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I agree, they do require responsibility on the part of the end user, and yes, I have no issue selling any of the above mentioned upgrades. I build custom carts all the time, what I don't do is build things that have raw, uncontrolled power flowing to the motor. Yes, I even remove "shunts" in people's carts when I see them (with the owners permission of course) and that was an accepted practice for MANY years that gave people that little extra "boost" in speed at a cost of under $50. I remove them because in the hands of an unknowing person, they can not only cause serious injury to people or property, but they also can cause shortened life on the motor in the cart.

Let's just agree to disagree on this point please. You believe you are correct and that this "cheap" boost upgrade is the wave of the future (EZGO didn't say or imply this) and I (as well as most of the certified/crediantialed golf cart repair technicians in this country) will continue to repair and upgrade carts in the proper way.
I agree with your performance improvement options but they prove expensive and unattainable for many cart owners.
The booster circuit provides cart owners with a performance improvement option that can fit in their budget. They don't have to be left with the mediocre performance of a stock 36v cart.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay ....... we tried but he still does not get it!? And he loves his resistor cart....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #28
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay ....... we tried but he still does not get it!? And he loves his resistor cart....
Love my resistor cart!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
Love my resistor cart!
Other things that are equally deserving of your love may include the following, most can be found at yard sales

Tape recorder
Tube TV
Windows 95
A Telephone with a cord
Car without air conditioning
Shoes with hard leather soles
Lawnmower without a motor
Wagon
Plow
Toaster oven
Film Camera
Portable CD player
Resistor coil speed control fits right in here
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #30
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you forgot 8 Track player.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO