lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Coil removal re interesting problem

I figured i'd do a quick write up on a new page regarding the coil removal procedure on my 98 CC since it may benefit others down the line.
1, remove muffler, two nuts at the manifold, one support bolt and the worm drive clamp under the access engine cover.
2, remove the carburettor upper shield (quite why the genius who designed this thing decided to use torx head screws is beyond belief)
3, remove the four phillips head screws from the fan vent cover and slip the cover off.
4, the cool bit, loosen the upper bolts on the shroud, remove the lower bolts using a swivel socket extension and finally (with the genius designer in full flow and probably on crystal meth) use an open ended 10mm wrench to loosen the final hard to find bolt positioned at the three o-clock position on the shroud. By now the shroud will slip free and removal of the coil is straightforward.
It really was pretty easy once I had located the lower and side shroud bolts and took around an hour to remove the whole lot. Next time I figure I could halve that time by not have to bugger around looking for the bolts, (six total btw)
Hope that helps someone.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
vzdude
Gone Wild

Default Re: Coil removal re interesting problem

Thanks Chris! Hope I don't need the info anytime soon, but always good to know!
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

sure beats yanking engine out huh chris.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
sure beats yanking engine out huh chris.............................
You got that right mate, thanks to you and the other sensible posters for pointing me in the right direction.

Chris.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I replaced the coil / igniter today with minimal trouble. The only snag was finding the location of the lower shroud bolts and getting a wrench on the 3 o-clock bolt other than that I was done in 40 minutes and further testing of the cart shows that the intermittent run situation appears to have been resolved. One other point to note, when you remove the original coil DO NOT take the igniter wire off with it, it's a pita to get it back down through to its original location just disconnect it from the coil and leave it there.

Chris.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

well chris we got it done did we................lol.........man i sure could use a beer after that job............................lol................ .......glad to help and hope we saved you a few dollars of just replacing things and you learned something.....................glad you got her going.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I appreciate all your help Tom, the information was invaluable, cheers mate

Chris.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good to Know
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Shadowman, Can we get the mods to make this a sticky?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #10
slofut
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
I figured i'd do a quick write up on a new page regarding the coil removal procedure on my 98 CC since it may benefit others down the line.
1, remove muffler, two nuts at the manifold, one support bolt and the worm drive clamp under the access engine cover.
2, remove the carburettor upper shield (quite why the genius who designed this thing decided to use torx head screws is beyond belief)
3, remove the four phillips head screws from the fan vent cover and slip the cover off.
4, the cool bit, loosen the upper bolts on the shroud, remove the lower bolts using a swivel socket extension and finally (with the genius designer in full flow and probably on crystal meth) use an open ended 10mm wrench to loosen the final hard to find bolt positioned at the three o-clock position on the shroud. By now the shroud will slip free and removal of the coil is straightforward.
It really was pretty easy once I had located the lower and side shroud bolts and took around an hour to remove the whole lot. Next time I figure I could halve that time by not have to bugger around looking for the bolts, (six total btw)
Hope that helps someone.

Chris.
Thanks again for this even six years later!!
slofut is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car