lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
drogers302
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 EZ GO Engine Mods

I am thinking of purchasing a '90 EZGO. The seller is not sure if 2stroke or 4stroke. If it is a 2 stroke are there any performance options available. I am hoping to turn into a long travel dune toy. Should I stick with a more expensive 4 stroke? I do have strong fabrication skills and work for a Precision Frame & Sheetmetal Shop so fab skills aren't a problem.
drogers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 EZ GO Engine Mods

If it is 1990 then it is 2 stroke. You could skim the head to increase the compression ratio and you could bore it out and use an oversize piston but at the end of the day the increase in performance would probably not be that great. I have just rebuilt my 86 and it runs great but acceleration is moderate and the top speed is 19mph. If I wanted performance I think I would want a 4 stroke.

Dave Box
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

There are definitely more options on the 4 stroke!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
drogers302
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I will hold out for a gas cart. What's the deal with titles on these carts?I was told they only came with a certificate of origin. If the seller doesn't have this or a title is it a pain to get it titled?
drogers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO