lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed Chip on 6 passenger Limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
That cannot be chipped. you need a hand held and fredom on a shuttle is only 14 mph thats the fastest it will go without modifications. we have 15 of them and i needed a password just to make it 14 which is fredom for a shuttle.
If it is a PDS cart, it can be "chipped" as long as it does not have an aftermarket controller. As the OP said, it has a FWD toggle on the dash and TOW/RUN switch on CEC. Which means it's a PDS cart and can have a chip installed unless the controller has been changed.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

On a standard pds txt cart it can but he has a programmable curtis controller and it has no chips. REMEMBER HE HAS 48v NOT 36v. His contrtoller is twice the size of the controller pictured previously.

The only way to speed it up is go bigger controller or have a bigger motor installed which cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

yep, what he said. Limo carts are a different animal
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

anyone wanna bet that cart was made after 2005 and has the larger sepex curtis controller in it? If I'm right, then the cart can be "chipped" but you have to find the chip location in the wire harness (it's usually fairly close to the controller). If I am right, it is the same controller used in the MPT1000 built after 2005. I could of course be wrong...... but I doubt I am.

Controller should look something like this:
http://www.shopezgo.com/products/48-...t-(1000E).html
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
anyone wanna bet that cart was made after 2005 and has the larger sepex curtis controller in it? If I'm right, then the cart can be "chipped" but you have to find the chip location in the wire harness (it's usually fairly close to the controller). If I am right, it is the same controller used in the MPT1000 built after 2005. I could of course be wrong...... but I doubt I am.

Controller should look something like this:
http://www.shopezgo.com/products/48-...t-(1000E).html
that is what the controller looks like, and you said about the location in the harness??? i did take notice (but didnt get a pic) of a plug in the harness maybe 4-6 inches from the controller, it was a five pin plug but only had four wires going to it, and nothing was plugged into it either. would this be it? i didnt mess with it for fear of screwing up the controller

EDIT: Here is the pictures,

In this pic the plug im talking about is in the middle of the pic, right under the three lugs on the controller

traperguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #16
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
If it is a PDS cart, it can be "chipped" as long as it does not have an aftermarket controller. As the OP said, it has a FWD toggle on the dash and TOW/RUN switch on CEC. Which means it's a PDS cart and can have a chip installed unless the controller has been changed.
well a standard pds 275 amp controller that could be chipped wouldnt last five minutes in a full loaded shuttle seriously u need a curtis handheld it plugs into the 4 prong square plug
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Trapperguy, yes, that is the plug that I am talking about. Your "chip" will plug directly into that plug in.

Marathon Man, while a curtis handheld (or the PC programming station hardware/software setup) will allow access to the controller, the actual programming within the controller would not be able to be modified without the engineering codes that are unavailable to the general public. This is the reason that E-Z-GO placed the "personality plug" setup in the new wire harness when they switched to the bigger 48 volt controller..... they WANTED the end user to have options.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I learn stuff here everyday...
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
well a standard pds 275 amp controller that could be chipped wouldnt last five minutes in a full loaded shuttle seriously u need a curtis handheld it plugs into the 4 prong square plug
Rabbit, is this true? Would a fully loaded PDS shuttle with a speed chip not last five minutes? Not trying to be sarcastic, but I would like to know.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
Rabbit, is this true? Would a fully loaded PDS shuttle with a speed chip not last five minutes? Not trying to be sarcastic, but I would like to know.
Keyword here being 275 amp controller and by loaded he meant with weight and he is correct, might last longer than five minutes but not much.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO