lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
storm7174
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Performance Exhaust

i have a 93 ezgo marathon with the 4 cyc motor and i see lots of Performance Exhaust for 94 and newer carts with lift kits installed and they have the same motor does anyone know if these will still fit my year cart or is there a better cheaper way for a little better exhaust pipe?
thanks, john
storm7174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
GXTsandman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Performance Exhaust

I don't think that will work on your cart but I've never tried. What is way cheaper is finding a dirtbike pipe on Craigslist and fabing it to work for your cart. That is what I did and I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
GXTsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...oke-carts.html

Give this a try... For the money, it's an easy fix... I did my 295/350 engine mod this way to increase flow and it worked great..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...oke-carts.html

Give this a try... For the money, it's an easy fix... I did my 295/350 engine mod this way to increase flow and it worked great..
Ditto for the stock muffler mod

Works for me, I followed the step by step and more than happy with the result.

Aussie Workhorse.
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

how much louder is the modified stock muffler? I use mine for hunting and like to keep it as quiet as possible.
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
storm7174
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

on the stock mod does it make it louder and when you cut the top tube off can you not weld the larger pipe on there or is that small tube run down inside of the muffler?
thanks, john
storm7174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE72CAMARO View Post
how much louder is the modified stock muffler? I use mine for hunting and like to keep it as quiet as possible.
Mine is considerably louder.. I would not consider using it as a hunting verhicle unless I was trying to run the deer out on someone!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Could you use a 1 1/2 threaded coupling for your new outlet and leave the old small tube there too. This way you could have the open exhaust and deeper sound when wanted but you could cap it with a threaded plug when hunting or cruising the neighborhood.

Tim
tplasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just completed by exhaust today. Cut a 1 1/2 hole and used a 2 inch pipe. I took the muffler off the cart and had a heck of a time putting it back on but I couldn't do the job on the cart. After I got it all back together, I didn't notice any difference and that is when I realized that I have an electric. Seriously I like the "new" sound. I have the idle mod and my cart sounds sweet idling. Got to go to a muffler shop and get an extension pipe with a down turn to complete the "look" and the job. I did notice a better acceleration.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #10
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You know guys, I don't think the louder mufflers hurt in a hunting area. I have been driving to within a half football field of my stand for 20 years in diesel trucks, parking 4 wheelers, and now my cart with a Harley muffler on it right under my tree stand. I see deer within 50 feet of what ever I drive in on only minutes after shutting it down. Unless you are right on top of them and hit them with lights, they don't seem to mind anything with a motor. At least for us around northeast TX. As they see us in something almost every day feeding cows. Once was getting my bow out of the back of my Cherokee when I turned around to see a buck 20 feet away looking straight at me. Course he wasn't of a mind to wait on me to open up the bow case and load an arrow............
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO