lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #11
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Performance Exhaust

Quote:
You know guys, I don't think the louder mufflers hurt in a hunting area.
I agree, but am looking forward to using a cart this year rather then my 4 wheeler. I put a ground blind on top of a wooden platform. I call it my deer blind with attached garage.

We have an agreement that you have to shoot a bigger one then the one you shot the year before. So I let this one go by this year, but I did get his picture at 15 yards.

reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes thewskrs, you are right. I have an old (81) pickup that I have had at the ranch for years (Freer, Texas) and when I feed the senderos (roads) the deer are out there eating corn by the time I get to the other end. The ranch is on a busy highway and when the wind is right you can hear the traffic. My deer just can't quite figure out a golf cart. My cart is white and my brother in law's is black. The deer don't seem to be afraid of either one, but let me step out of the cart and they react immediately. The are afraid of me but not the cart. Now after the mod today mine is a little louder than stock but I don't believe it is going to bother them at all.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tplasek View Post
Could you use a 1 1/2 threaded coupling for your new outlet and leave the old small tube there too. This way you could have the open exhaust and deeper sound when wanted but you could cap it with a threaded plug when hunting or cruising the neighborhood.

Tim
I like that idea!! Kinda like a "Sport~Economy" Button!!

Jon
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #14
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Performance Exhaust

Here is my completed job on the performance exhaust system modification I found in other threads. I cut a 1 1/2 hole in the top of the muffler because I wanted to keep the pipe as high as possible. I welded on a 2 in nipple and the had the tail pipe made at a muffler shop and bolted in on with a muffler clamp. I cut off the original tail pipe and dropped a large bolt into the hole and welded it shut. I have moved the cable off the pipe and may have to insulate the cable. No problem there. The new sound is just a bit louder and throaty. I like it.

See my other comments in previous posts in this thread. Boy this pic shows how dirty my cart is underneath. May have to do something about that for any future pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0835.jpg (90.5 KB, 35 views)
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #15
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Texas101, That's why my cart is camo colored! I have some great stands, I like the garage idea though of reinmans, but I am leaning more and more to just sitting in the cart and shooting from there!
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #16
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My exhaust thanks to the BGW link in the tech sections

Aussie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06552.jpg (96.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06553.jpg (89.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06554.jpg (105.0 KB, 36 views)
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Great job with those exhaust mods. I am just "itching" to do this, but I really want to hear it first ; before I cut the hole in the muffler
tplasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah somebody make a video already! LOL

My concern is that the deer around my neck of the woods arent used to traffic of any sort except for the golf cart and tractor going to work on food plots every few weeks.
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO