lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Special Shifter

Looking for a different F & R shift lever for my 2006 EZGO. I located these two. Anyone here have these, and if they work?

I like both, but perfer the one in the bottom photo. That appears to be a 1930-1940 Ford floor shift controls.

ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO Special Shifter

I just built a floor shift for my 95 ezgo i did it like your 2nd pic on the floor wasnt to hard at all. and with you having a newer cart with the single cable that should be alot easier.
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Would you mind relaying how to did your floor shift controls? And where did you obtain the necessary parts to complete the job.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Well like i said you should have a single cable and mine uses 2 so yours should be easier. What i did was remove the shifter from the firewall put the cables underneath slotted the frame rail and fastened the cables there then used a couple pieces of 1/8th inch cable and a small pulley and fastened them to a piece of 1'' x 3/16'' flat that i used for handle theet i just used 2 pieces of angle iron bolted to the floor as the pivot.Pretty simple alittle crude but works fine i'm gonna use a longer piece of 1'' tubing for the shifter handle. I took some pics but not very puter savvy couldnt get them posted. Good luck!
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgotxtman View Post
Looking for a different F & R shift lever for my 2006 EZGO. I located these two. Anyone here have these, and if they work?

I like both, but perfer the one in the bottom photo. That appears to be a 1930-1940 Ford floor shift controls.

I have seen the Jake's shifter (top pic) and it seems to be pretty good and smooth. But where did you get the bottom pic. Is that a custom built shifter or is it a production model that I can buy? Who and where sells it?
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas001 View Post
I have seen the Jake's shifter (top pic) and it seems to be pretty good and smooth. But where did you get the bottom pic. Is that a custom built shifter or is it a production model that I can buy? Who and where sells it?

Texas001, I've had this picture (bottom one) for couple years, just to keep for one day I might find such a shifter. I don't know who owns or has this cart, would like to know so he could report how he made the shifter work on the cart. Being a old (very old) dude, I remember driving my 1934 Ford...with this floor shift. Sure would like to get my hands on one so I can fabricate to install on my 2006 EZGO TXT.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, you don't own the monopoly on the "old dude" title, I am right in there with you. I want to install some type of shifter and that one on the floor is really a slick looking setup. I will send you a PM on the subject.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Hi Texasoo1,

We old dudes must have something in common. I'm with you on the old style floor shifter, and hope to be able to obtain one some day.

Here is a web site that you can build a 1934 Ford from ground up with parts this Dennis Carpenter has for sale. He has just about.. I said about every part you would want, but, that one that I need...the old floor shift handle.

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/
Old 02-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
rc324
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've seen shifters like what you are looking for on a car parts site not sure if i can post what site on here being that they are not a sponsor.
rc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgotxtman View Post
Hi Texasoo1,

We old dudes must have something in common. I'm with you on the old style floor shifter, and hope to be able to obtain one some day.

Here is a web site that you can build a 1934 Ford from ground up with parts this Dennis Carpenter has for sale. He has just about.. I said about every part you would want, but, that one that I need...the old floor shift handle.

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/

I have two ideas that might work. Well, both will work if I was a real fabricator. Check your PMs and send me your email address. If we can make a shifter without stealing anyone else's ideas then I will post it here in the forum. Since I have never seen the inside of any of the shifters on the market I can't steal any ideas. We just need to find the shift handles. I just bought a 5 ball (pool ball) that has been drilled and tapped on eBay yesterday. Bid on two but lost the second. The second one was for you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO