lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: battery issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCDC View Post
so here are the results. intitial reading of pack was 39.02 running volts 35.5. individual battery
batt before/run
(1) 6.29/5.89
(2) 6.22/5.80
(3) 6.24/5.92
(4) 6/25/5.92
(5) 6.22/5.86
(6) 6.24/5.85
looks like they all drop below the desired level, so could it be one battery draging them down or
do I need to cut back to 1 meal a day and purchase a whole pack
The batteries all seem pretty even now and if that voltage drop is while you are cruising, it seems fine. They are only coming up to 80% of full charge and the sag is within what I would call normal.
I'm guessing the batteries are getting old and in need of replacement when you are no longer satisfied with the run time.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

that is what they leveled out to while running. I pluged it back in and the batteries instan tly started to rumble and bubble. I checked the water level again, all good. I let it charge over night and again the batteries and wires were extremly hot and the light still blinking. later today it turned to a red blink, i unpluged the charger and pluged it directly back in and it went back to a green blink.

so should i try to hook them up in pairs and use my car charger, at least get a 100% charge and go from there.

As of right now the volt reading on the pack is 39.1v. this is without a cool down period from charging. I'll unplug it and see what it reads once cooled down.
BTCDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #13
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am taking it back to the dealer today, I'm going to see what he is willing to do on the pack. Who knows.

I do want to thank you Guys/Girls for the help.

If I go in talking the talk, it will be less likely he will try something shaddy, we'll see.
I'll keep you posted
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so i ran the cart to the dealer on Monday. going to see what he will cover. he stated that there probably was one battery low and he will look into it. I told him that I have done several checks on the pack and on eack individual battery, I didn't see one that was really lower from one to another. the bateries are 5 years old I would like to have the whole pack replaced at this point.
I'll let you know what he says..........
Thanks Guys.......
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #15
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCDC View Post
so i ran the cart to the dealer on Monday. going to see what he will cover. he stated that there probably was one battery low and he will look into it. I told him that I have done several checks on the pack and on eack individual battery, I didn't see one that was really lower from one to another. the bateries are 5 years old I would like to have the whole pack replaced at this point.
Thanks Guys.......
Umm, so we'll hear the outcome at some later time?? I hate threads that end with no findings....
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by todo_brane_ded View Post
Umm, so we'll hear the outcome at some later time?? I hate threads that end with no findings....
So, less than an hour after BTCDC's post you are complaining about no findings?
He closed off with "I'll let you know what he says..........", what more do you want?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
So, less than an hour after BTCDC's post you are complaining about no findings?
He closed off with "I'll let you know what he says..........", what more do you want?
Not complaining at all. I hope that's not how I came across because if so then I apologize....

Just wanted to emphasize the importance in doing so (with a smiley) for many peeps such as myself are very interested in this kind of stuff.

Hmm, you made me go back and re-read his last post.....Yes he did say he'd let us know.....my bad

Last edited by todo_brane_ded; 04-12-2011 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: ah, yes...so he did
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #18
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Guys.......
Old 04-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #19
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by todo_brane_ded View Post
Not complaining at all. I hope that's not how I came across because if so then I apologize....

Just wanted to emphasize the importance in doing so (with a smiley) for many peeps such as myself are very interested in this kind of stuff.

Hmm, you made me go back and re-read his last post.....Yes he did say he'd let us know.....my bad
No offense taken, maybe I had too much coffee this morning.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #20
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well just to keep everyone informed, I was told he will call me by lunch time. so still no word from him(dealer). I really don't want to be one of those Squeaky wheels but I know that you guys are as interested as I am of the outcome. I won't leave you hanging. Promise
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO