lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
dewy
Getting Wild

Default 1985 Club Car Problem (VIDEO)

I have a loud clunking/vibration coming from the clutch on my 1985 club car that i just purchased yesterday. I took a video of the clutch, and when the clutch slows down you can clearly see that it is bent. Would this be the reason for the loud clunking and vibrating... or could i have a problem inside the clutch? take a look at the video and let me know what you think........
........ when i took this video the air screw was missing from the carb, so the cart would get up to high speed and then quit on me, but that problem has been fixed now...
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1985 Club Car Problem (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewy View Post
I have a loud clunking/vibration coming from the clutch on my 1985 club car that i just purchased yesterday. I took a video of the clutch, and when the clutch slows down you can clearly see that it is bent. Would this be the reason for the loud clunking and vibrating... or could i have a problem inside the clutch? take a look at the video and let me know what you think........ YouTube - ‪VID 20110525 00006‬‏ ........ when i took this video the air screw was missing from the carb, so the cart would get up to high speed and then quit on me, but that problem has been fixed now...
That warp on the driven sure isn't helping matters, how in thee heck did that happen

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks to me like the sliding sheave bushing is worn out causing it to wobble and rattle. Just had the same problem on another cart on Monday. Depending on how long it has been doing this you may be able to just replace the bushing or the whole sliding sheave.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it look like the inner sheave only is bent but that could be enough.....the only real way tofind out is to take it off its a simple enough job.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car