lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
ShineRunner
Not Yet Wild

Question My 84 YO Mothers '91 Club Car Died

My Mom's Club Car died! I have taken the head off the engine and the valves want move. I suspect the cam gear stripped or pins sheared. I will either need to buy a new cart or rebuild the engine. My question is who is a stocking retailer that I could contact. Or if anyone has a good used pull out I would be interested. Thanks
ShineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: My 84 YO Mothers '91 Club Car Died

welcome, what engine the KF82 or the 341 side valve? should be the 1st one if so they sell parts to rebuild but they ain,t cheap........your gonna have to take it out either way so why not yank it and open her up see what your dealing with.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
ShineRunner
Not Yet Wild

I have pulled the complete running gear out from under the body. I am pretty sure I will need a cam and gasket set. I will probably pull it on down in a few days. It is a flathead and I am not familiar enough to know the model numbers/type

Last edited by ShineRunner; 06-01-2011 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: answer additional questions
ShineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats the KF82.......you should be able to find what you need might have to look for it..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
matt36567
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

im working it rite now. the first hurdle is to get the clutch off. there is a special puller but if you look in the design center you can find some ideas that will help. the cam gear has a plastic gear sandwiched between metal plates with 4 rivits. the kit at lvssales has the repair kit for $150.
matt36567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car