lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
elrick1
Not Yet Wild

Default running board install

I bought some diamond plate running boards from buggies unlimited about a year ago and I am just getting around to installing them. The problem I have is that the rear bracket they give you needs to go under the gas tank and there is only room for one bolt not the 2 that they give instructions for. This is a 99 cc. It looks like there is just a metal strap that holds the gas tank in but the screws that hold this strap are shot. I am going to have to cut it. wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how did you deal with it. Also I will have to figure out a way to reattach the gas tank once I cut the strap. If I still had my aluminum welding equipment I could easily weld these brackets on but I got rid of everything awhile ago. This is really a poor design. Not made for easy install by the average weekend warrior. I would return it all but it's been over a year. Thanks for any advice and or experience here.
elrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: running board install

well since you have to cut the strap to get it out maybe you can come up with a better way to secure it.......that might help a lot of other people who run into that.....i do agree makes you scratch your head why they design some of the crap they do................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car